Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 24, 2013
1:43:19 PM
View profile
How do enable mac filtering on uverse 3801HGV? My firmware is 6.9.1.42-plus.tm

I don't see an option when I can selectively block some computers accessing the router. Please help.

Thanks

I don't see an option when I can selectively block some computers accessing the router. Please help.

Thanks

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
Highlighted
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 2:05:10 PM
(1)
ACE - Expert
sdharmas -
This is the link to the page with - MAC filtering - edit blocked allowed list - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1
sdharmas -
This is the link to the page with - MAC filtering - edit blocked allowed list - http://192.168.1.254/xslt?PAGE=C_2_1
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do enable mac filtering on uverse 3801HGV? My firmware is 6.9.1.42-plus.tm

2 of 5 (1,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 2:38:56 PM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks, noticed that this is for wireless. Is there an option to block wired devices? For example, if someone plugged in a laptop to one of the ethernet ports, can I block their access? 

Thanks, noticed that this is for wireless. Is there an option to block wired devices? For example, if someone plugged in a laptop to one of the ethernet ports, can I block their access? 

Re: How do enable mac filtering on uverse 3801HGV? My firmware is 6.9.1.42-plus.tm

3 of 5 (1,873 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 5:10:54 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
sdharmas - I have only seen security for wireless. I believe this is because wireless travels beyond your control & wired does not.
sdharmas - I have only seen security for wireless. I believe this is because wireless travels beyond your control & wired does not.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (1,855 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 24, 2013 6:18:46 PM
(0)
Employee
If you allow someone in your home with unsupervised access to you RG, you have a bigger issue than mac filtering.
Secure the RG in a locked cabinet if will make you feel safer. Will decrease wireless signal, but if trying to prevent unauthorized access, turn wireless off as well.
If you allow someone in your home with unsupervised access to you RG, you have a bigger issue than mac filtering.
Secure the RG in a locked cabinet if will make you feel safer. Will decrease wireless signal, but if trying to prevent unauthorized access, turn wireless off as well.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 5 (1,849 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments