How do I watch shows saved to uverse on demand my queue ?

Contributor

How do I watch shows saved to uverse on demand my queue ?

I watched the video, followed the steps and still can't get a show to play - the screen just shows remove or add to my queue.  I know I'm just missing the correct button to push - but just can't figure it out.  New to this high tech world. I hope you will all be patient with me and help me learn my way around the uverse world.

Message 1 of 18 (9,024 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How do I watch shows saved to uverse on demand my queue ?

hopson522 - Try what I just did - click 1 - This will bring up the on-demand screen. Press OK.

If you do not see the show list version click one of the icons on the left to change to list.

On the list select free shows & continue to a show The watch button should be blue. press ok & watch.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 18 (8,997 Views)
Contributor

Hi, thanks. I can watch shows that way, but if I saved a show to the my
queue (watch later feature) it no longer shows up on the free shows
choices. I click on my video - my queue and the show that I saved will
come up, but when I click on it, it shows a blue box that says add or
remove not watch.
Message 3 of 18 (8,994 Views)
ACE - Expert

hopson522 - OK, I watched a show for a bit. Hit the square stop button. Got a three button option - resume- <<<- & heart folder +.

Clicked the last one & added it to my videos. Backed out & restarted.

Clicked My videos the show was on the list clicked it & got the same three buttons except the folder button is minus. I can resume or remove from my queue.

So you are doing it right. Could be that show is stuck. If you want to tell me which show, I could try that specific one. Or, try adding it tho the queue & see if it moves it to a watchable setting.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 18 (8,993 Views)
Tutor

I am having this exact same issue. Two of my videos have the play button, two do not. The two that don't are from Disney (both are Jessie episodes.) At first I thought perhaps there was a lag time between putting it in my queue and then being able to actually watch it, but it's been two hours now. This is driving me nuts. I Googled the topic and came right to this post. Please help!

Message 5 of 18 (8,953 Views)
ACE - Expert

Qtarafab - I looked at a couple of Jesse shows & get the proper resume buttons. The only thing I see is there is another menu strip at the top of the screen with three options. The first is summary & it shows proper buttons on the bottom of the screen. If you move the highlight to the right on either of the other two selections, the buttons at the bottom of the screen go away.

I do not know how you land on these bad selections. Hopefully, that is the problem. Seems like an easy fix to have the buttons on the bottom display regardless of the selection of the top buttons. The whole menu is difficult to navigate.
Message 6 of 18 (8,947 Views)
Tutor

Thank you for your assistance, but I think I've found the problem...I do not pay for/subscribe to Disney on Demand. While Jessie is a "free" show on the list, the only episodes there are from last year. This leads me to believe it is an added cost to "subscribe" to Disney on Demand to be able to watch the latest episodes. Given that I just had this service installed yesterday, I'm disappointed to say the least. I thought my daughter would be able to catch up on the episodes she missed during the transition from one service to yours this week. It wasn't an added expense on my prior service. Thanks for trying to help anyway.

Message 7 of 18 (8,943 Views)
Contributor

Elementary episode 4 of season 2. I only get one square.
Message 8 of 18 (8,939 Views)
ACE - Expert

hopson522 - The only episodes offered are 1 & 3. 4 is not there.
Message 9 of 18 (8,930 Views)
ACE - Expert

Qtarafab - I am not sure I follow your logic. I can see that all current disney availability is based on current subscription to a package that includes disney. But, it would be all or nothing. There is no way to track your subscription for when the show aired originally. Even if there was, there would be no benefit to do so.
Message 10 of 18 (8,929 Views)
Tutor

What I'm saying is that I don't pay the $7/mo for Disney on Demand. That is
why I cannot access the shows. I only can get shows that are a year old.
Message 11 of 18 (8,928 Views)
ACE - Expert

I do not pay that either & I had access to both. The OD rules are crazy, but that is a new one on me. I see a weird listing for disney on demand in the channel list. You did check that top menu that I mentioned?? I really appreciate feedback on a suggestion. I do not need to be right. I just want to know.
Message 12 of 18 (8,926 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Yes, I did. I've done this with other shows and so far these are the only
ones giving me this problem. I only have the options to remove it or to
'browse others in this subscription' (which I don't have and what's making
me think I need to be paying the extra $7/mo.) There is no 'play' button. I
went online to my account and adding Disney on Demand is an option and it
lists an additional monthly fee of $7.00. Etc.
Message 13 of 18 (8,925 Views)
Contributor

It is very ridiculous to find out that the my queu is actually my videos. It is located on the very first top on the U verse list. And it is not normally highlighted as first so you and millions of people will miss it.  Att sucks.

Message 14 of 18 (7,725 Views)
Contributor

My queue (after putting an ‘on demand’ into ‘my queue’)

1. Press the (orange) button for ‘on demand’ just left of the menu button

2. On the left-hand blue list there should be a “My Videos” at the top. Arrow up to that.

3. Use the right arrow to go over to ‘my queue’.

4. Right arrow again to any shows you have entered into the queue.

5. Press OK. That worked to bring up the ‘watch’ blue button near the bottom.

6. Press OK on ‘watch’ and it should work. Mine did.

Fast forward and rewind do not work, but pause does. If you ever want to start over at the beginning, the middle button ( |<< ) seems to work for that.

Message 15 of 18 (6,367 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support