How do I use AT&T Promotion card from Refer a Friend to pay my Uverse bill?

Highlighted
Contributor

How do I use AT&T Promotion card from Refer a Friend to pay my Uverse bill?

I finally received my two $25 Promotion Cards from the Refer-a-Friend program.  According to the terms, I should be able to use them to pay my AT&T bill online (bold is mine):

VI.  AT&T Promotion Cards

1. AT&T Promotion Cards can be redeemed for merchandise online at att.com or at any AT&T company owned store.  They can also be used towards paying your bill through the online account management service at att.com, by phone or at participating AT&T stores.  PLEASE NOTE THAT AT&T PROMOTION CARDS EXPIRE 5 MONTHS (150 DAYS) FROM THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH THAT IS EMBOSSED ON THE CARD.

I was able to successfully activate them both on the rewardsandrebates site and can see the balance is $25.  They only way I can see to use them is to enter them as a "credit/debit" card (the other option is checking/savings account).  However, when I try to pay my bill, I get all the way to the last step and get an error message:

We are unable to process your transaction at this time.  Please confirm the information you entered and resubmit.  If you still experience difficulties, you may wish to contact your card issuer or bank for more information.

I tried multiple times with both cards to pay my AT&T Uverse bill online.  I also tried them on my landline AT&T bill with the same results.  I tried using the whole $25 at once and also tried smaller amounts in case there was a hold or something.

Does anybody know how to use them to pay my bill online as promised in the terms?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 2 (737 Views)
Community Manager

Re: How do I use AT&T Promotion card from Refer a Friend to pay my Uverse bill?

Hello @Effl3994 

If you have a corporate store near by, you should be able to take them there and pay your bill at the self service bill payment kiosk. If that's not a convenient option for you, our team can also help you with that! You can send us a private message by clicking here and one of our managers will be happy to assist.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (659 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support