Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 18, 2013
7:17:09 AM
How do I un-block a web site?

I have accessed this web site hundreds of times:

https://www.FepBlue.org/web/guest/MyBlue

Until today. When I get to the site, I see the BlueCross logo, but a pink box on the screen telling me I don't have permission to access this web site. I tried this on two different computers on my home network with the same result. I tried from my work computer on my work network and got in just fine. I added the web site to allowed sites in my "cookies" settings, but no good. I restarted the browser, restarted the computer, tried Mozilla, tried IE, but none of them worked.

I called BCBS, they say they are not blocking anything from their end.

I checked the firewall settings in my AT&T version of McAffee, the site's not blocked there, but I also couldn't find a place to procactively allow the site, either.

I think all I'm left with is my gateway/router settings, but when I type in 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.2.1, I get a timed out connection message.

How do I get into the router settings to make sure this web site can be allowed?

Is there another option I'm missing?

Thanks.

I have accessed this web site hundreds of times:

https://www.FepBlue.org/web/guest/MyBlue

Until today. When I get to the site, I see the BlueCross logo, but a pink box on the screen telling me I don't have permission to access this web site. I tried this on two different computers on my home network with the same result. I tried from my work computer on my work network and got in just fine. I added the web site to allowed sites in my "cookies" settings, but no good. I restarted the browser, restarted the computer, tried Mozilla, tried IE, but none of them worked.

I called BCBS, they say they are not blocking anything from their end.

I checked the firewall settings in my AT&T version of McAffee, the site's not blocked there, but I also couldn't find a place to procactively allow the site, either.

I think all I'm left with is my gateway/router settings, but when I type in 192.168.0.1, or 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.2.1, I get a timed out connection message.

How do I get into the router settings to make sure this web site can be allowed?

Is there another option I'm missing?

Thanks.

How do I un-block a web site?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 7:31:00 AM
(0)
Employee
Access RG 192.168.1.254

This sounds as if website is being blacklisted by ATT, the websites host will need to contact ATT to have unblocked if this is the case.
Access RG 192.168.1.254

This sounds as if website is being blacklisted by ATT, the websites host will need to contact ATT to have unblocked if this is the case.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How do I un-block a web site?

2 of 6 (271 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 7:51:32 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

my thoughts wrote:
Access RG 192.168.1.254

I'd be surprised if AT&T would go to the trouble of getting the logo from the blocked site and constructing a page like this.

my thoughts wrote:
Access RG 192.168.1.254

I'd be surprised if AT&T would go to the trouble of getting the logo from the blocked site and constructing a page like this.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 6 (266 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 8:00:02 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You might want to try disabling McAfee and try the same website and see if you can access it.  Instructions to disable McAfee temporarly here: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-McAfee

If it is McAfee causing the issue, you can uninstall it and download Microsoft Security Essencials here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download for free.  It is not such a resource hog so you might even see better operating speed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You might want to try disabling McAfee and try the same website and see if you can access it.  Instructions to disable McAfee temporarly here: http://www.wikihow.com/Disable-McAfee

If it is McAfee causing the issue, you can uninstall it and download Microsoft Security Essencials here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download for free.  It is not such a resource hog so you might even see better operating speed.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (257 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 8:02:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It could be a block of some third party component that BCBS uses.  I've had issues with this forum site not liking the fact that I used a hosts file to disable some sites that they used to pull scripts from.

It could be a block of some third party component that BCBS uses.  I've had issues with this forum site not liking the fact that I used a hosts file to disable some sites that they used to pull scripts from.

5 of 6 (254 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 10:13:56 AM
(0)
Mentor

Have you recently upgraded Java or your Browser(s)?  Due to all of the security issues with Java, some of the latest updates to FireFox and Java its self automatically disable some scripts until you allow them to run.  The same with Flash.

Have you recently upgraded Java or your Browser(s)?  Due to all of the security issues with Java, some of the latest updates to FireFox and Java its self automatically disable some scripts until you allow them to run.  The same with Flash.

6 of 6 (244 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments