How do I turn off the blue stand by screen

Teacher

How do I turn off the blue stand by screen

I like to leave the TV on for my dogs while I'm at work during the day or when I go out of town. When I get home, all the TVs are silent and showing a blue ATT screen. I could turn the screen saver off when I had DishTV. Can someone tell me how to turn off the blue screen with Uverse? Thanks for the help.

Message 1 of 80
Tutor

Re: How do I turn off the blue stand by screen

You can turn the sleep feature OFF on XBOX / XBOX360. I also have that option on my TV.

Uverse is the only service I have which doesn't provide an option. In the early days of the internet this was also commonplace until more ISPs entered the market.
Message 76 of 80

I have a cat and would like to do the same thing.  When I leave for the weekend, I liked leaving on the TV for him.  It's more stimulating than a radio. 

It would be a simple software update to allow for the tv to not blue screen.  The tv seems to blue screen after about three hours of no activity. 

Seems like a cheap way to save on bandwidth not allowing you to make the change.

Message 77 of 80
Highlighted
Voyager

Razorback. I had the exact same problem...my cats prefer to watch the Weather channel while I'm at work. I went through all of the settings and forums but could not find a solution. I discovered, by accident, how to fix this. Go get one of those 24 hour timers. Set it to turn off every 6 hours then back on. (My timer is in 15 minute increments) so I run for 6 hours then off for 15 minutes. Only connect it to the u-verse box. I've been running this for 2 weeks and it works. The box turns on, goes through its boot-up then resumes to the last channel. Give it a try.

Message 78 of 80
ACE - Master

straycat721 wrote:

Razorback. I had the exact same problem...my cats prefer to watch the Weather channel while I'm at work. I went through all of the settings and forums but could not find a solution. I discovered, by accident, how to fix this. Go get one of those 24 hour timers. Set it to turn off every 6 hours then back on. (My timer is in 15 minute increments) so I run for 6 hours then off for 15 minutes. Only connect it to the u-verse box. I've been running this for 2 weeks and it works. The box turns on, goes through its boot-up then resumes to the last channel. Give it a try.

Very interesting!  Thanks.  It would be an easier fix if AT&T allowed the Remote Control on the Android or iPhone app to work outside the home - you could do a simple channel up/down or last and the box would stay alive for another 8 hours.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 79 of 80
Contributor

I just left TWC and had no problem with a screensaver.  I wouldn't have switched if I had known. I switched because of the wireless DVR box which I really don't need but thought it would be handy JUST IN CASE since I was moving to a new house and didn't know where the cable outlets would be.  TWC is looking better and better.  now I have to wait 12 months.  Not a happy customer and I just signed up.  Not a good way to get started.

Message 80 of 80
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support