How do I temprarily unlock all parental controls?

Contributor

How do I temprarily unlock all parental controls?

How do I temprarily unlock all parental controls? Right now I am having to unlock each channel and show individually, going through a few steps to unlock each one. Thank you!

Message 1 of 5 (609 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: How do I temprarily unlock all parental controls?

This should help:

• Select Menu on your AT&T U-verse remote control.
  • Select Options, then select Parental locking.
  • Enter or establish your 4-digit Parental locking PIN.
  • Scroll down to select the criteria to use for locking: 
    • Rentals
    • Channels
    • US TV Parental Guidelines
    • Movie Ratings
    • Unrated content
    • Adult programs
  • Select Save, Turn off Locking or Change PIN

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5 (601 Views)
Contributor

I understand how to set up parental controls and how to go through the menu
to change/update them. Is there no setting to temporarily unlock all
parental locks so I am able to freely browse channels and watch shows when
my children are not present? Is the only way to do this going into the
parental controls and changing them all every time I watch t.v.?

--
Brittney
Message 3 of 5 (576 Views)
ACE - Master

No

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (569 Views)
Tutor

I'm just in the process of switching from DirecTV to U-Verse...so far I'm woafully disappointed for many reasons, and the lack of a temporary unluck for parental controls is maddening.  Very high on my frustations list.

Message 5 of 5 (336 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.