Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 30, 2012
3:31:23 PM
View profile
How do I opt out of advertising?

I have been getting buried in junk mail from AT&T trying to get me to add TV to my U-Verse service. I'm not interested in the TV service and want to stop receiving mail in my mail box about it. What number do I call to opt out of all of this junk mail for something I am not interested in?

I have been getting buried in junk mail from AT&T trying to get me to add TV to my U-Verse service. I'm not interested in the TV service and want to stop receiving mail in my mail box about it. What number do I call to opt out of all of this junk mail for something I am not interested in?

How do I opt out of advertising?

12 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 30, 2012 4:05:32 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by gregzoll_1 on Oct 30, 2012 at 4:12:11 PM

I may get one every couple of months. Usually get stuff about shows coming up on OnDemand. Need to show a screenshot of what you are stating that your mailbox is being buried in ATT emails.

As for your question regarding Opt-Out Existing Customer:  Customer Opt-Out

Non-Customer Opt-Out

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

I may get one every couple of months. Usually get stuff about shows coming up on OnDemand. Need to show a screenshot of what you are stating that your mailbox is being buried in ATT emails.

As for your question regarding Opt-Out Existing Customer:  Customer Opt-Out

Non-Customer Opt-Out

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: How do I opt out of advertising?

[ Edited ]
2 of 13 (2,462 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2012 3:23:31 PM
(0)
Contributor

Read what I wrote carefully, a screen shot of my mail box would not do anything since I never said I am getting emails from AT&T. I said I am getting buried in junk mail, in other words snail mail in my mailbox.

As for the opt out link you provided, it's for AT&T wireless, as I said I am talking about U-Verse so the link you provided does not help me.

You have an opt out link for U-Verse?

Read what I wrote carefully, a screen shot of my mail box would not do anything since I never said I am getting emails from AT&T. I said I am getting buried in junk mail, in other words snail mail in my mailbox.

As for the opt out link you provided, it's for AT&T wireless, as I said I am talking about U-Verse so the link you provided does not help me.

You have an opt out link for U-Verse?

3 of 13 (2,408 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 31, 2012 4:15:02 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by gregzoll_1 on Oct 31, 2012 at 4:15:35 PM

That is the opt-link for everything ATT. Guess you did not read through. If you do not want the info, why come here and ask.  There is also a link in the emails to "Unsubscribe."

That is the opt-link for everything ATT. Guess you did not read through. If you do not want the info, why come here and ask.  There is also a link in the emails to "Unsubscribe."

[ Edited ]
4 of 13 (2,402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 11:25:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

I read it, it's an ATT wireless link, it requires an ATT cell phone number, it's for AT&T wireless not Uverse.

Anyone else got a link or a phone number to call to optout of junk mail (snail mail), from AT&T Uverse?

Thanks

I read it, it's an ATT wireless link, it requires an ATT cell phone number, it's for AT&T wireless not Uverse.

Anyone else got a link or a phone number to call to optout of junk mail (snail mail), from AT&T Uverse?

Thanks

5 of 13 (2,375 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 7:06:49 PM
(0)
Professor
Edited by gregzoll_1 on Nov 1, 2012 at 7:11:29 PM

I gave you the info, it works the same for all ATT. There are TWO links. Use either one you wish. The only other you can do if you wish to not use the Opt-Out links, even though they work, is that you can send a message to the Customer Service Team.

Also, if you look in the emails, there is a UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom. But hey, if you want to ignore them, clicking and dumping into the trash works, which the majority of stuff I get from even ATT goes, and does nothing to me, or harms me in any way.

Sorry, but I have more important things to get upset about, than a few emails from ATT, which I doubt you are getting so many that they are filling up your email box to the point that it renders it useless.

I gave you the info, it works the same for all ATT. There are TWO links. Use either one you wish. The only other you can do if you wish to not use the Opt-Out links, even though they work, is that you can send a message to the Customer Service Team.

Also, if you look in the emails, there is a UNSUBSCRIBE link at the bottom. But hey, if you want to ignore them, clicking and dumping into the trash works, which the majority of stuff I get from even ATT goes, and does nothing to me, or harms me in any way.

Sorry, but I have more important things to get upset about, than a few emails from ATT, which I doubt you are getting so many that they are filling up your email box to the point that it renders it useless.

[ Edited ]
6 of 13 (2,363 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 1, 2012 7:58:35 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Greg, I believe he was talking about snail mail, i.e. the kind delivered by the USPS.

I know I got solicitations nearly weekly to sign up for Uverse for months after I had already done so (the day my first postcard arrived.)

Greg, I believe he was talking about snail mail, i.e. the kind delivered by the USPS.

I know I got solicitations nearly weekly to sign up for Uverse for months after I had already done so (the day my first postcard arrived.)

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 13 (2,353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2012 5:08:44 AM
(0)
Professor
If I get anything from ATT, it is 1 or 2 items a month, never weekly, or daily.

8 of 13 (2,330 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2012 11:28:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Sending mailers is not illegal. There are ways to try to slow them down or maybe even stop them. You could start by contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance. He should be able to forward your request to the correct group at AT&T. You should also google "DMAChoice" and opt out there. Paperkarma is an app for snapping photos of junk mail envelopes with your Smartphone. They supposedly will send "remove" requests, on your behalf. Good luck and your mileage may vary.

Sending mailers is not illegal. There are ways to try to slow them down or maybe even stop them. You could start by contacting Alex, one of the AT&T Community Managers for further assistance. He should be able to forward your request to the correct group at AT&T. You should also google "DMAChoice" and opt out there. Paperkarma is an app for snapping photos of junk mail envelopes with your Smartphone. They supposedly will send "remove" requests, on your behalf. Good luck and your mileage may vary.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

9 of 13 (2,307 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:30:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

I get buried in junk mail too. It's pretty scammy. I get 2 advertisments a week by snail mail (disguised as a $200 reward) and God knows how many in my inbox. I couldn't possibly care less about signing up for u-verse TV. I signed up for paperless billing which they promoted as environmentally friendly. Clearly this is very important to them...

I get buried in junk mail too. It's pretty scammy. I get 2 advertisments a week by snail mail (disguised as a $200 reward) and God knows how many in my inbox. I couldn't possibly care less about signing up for u-verse TV. I signed up for paperless billing which they promoted as environmentally friendly. Clearly this is very important to them...

10 of 13 (1,558 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 8:51:02 AM
(0)
Contributor

It's annoying that after I wrote a message to Alex and tried to send it an error message showed stating "The user ATTAlexCM does not have Private Messages enabled. Note: The invalid login names have been removed from the "Send To" list."  Would have been better to be made aware up-front when I click on the link.

Is there another person to send a message to?

I have two service addresses and I am constantly having advertising sent to an address where I don't want any mail because the condo mailbox is very small. 

Thanks.

It's annoying that after I wrote a message to Alex and tried to send it an error message showed stating "The user ATTAlexCM does not have Private Messages enabled. Note: The invalid login names have been removed from the "Send To" list."  Would have been better to be made aware up-front when I click on the link.

Is there another person to send a message to?

I have two service addresses and I am constantly having advertising sent to an address where I don't want any mail because the condo mailbox is very small. 

Thanks.

11 of 13 (1,141 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 8:55:52 AM
(0)

davecondon, you can try Customer Service Team. Alex is no longer here.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

davecondon, you can try Customer Service Team. Alex is no longer here.

Remember to always mark items that you find useful as "Accepted Solutions”, you can even mark multiple posts in a single thread.  This will help other users find this information too!!

12 of 13 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 5:02:44 PM
(0)
Employee

stopbuggin wrote:

We actually have a 'Do Not Mail' list. If you were to call into our customer care at 800-288-2020, you can request to have us stop mailing you by adding you to this list.

stopbuggin wrote:

We actually have a 'Do Not Mail' list. If you were to call into our customer care at 800-288-2020, you can request to have us stop mailing you by adding you to this list.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

13 of 13 (998 Views)