Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 26, 2013
7:45:47 AM
View profile
How do I get warrenty replacement Battery for BBU

I have tried without success to get to anyone who cares that I have a battery issure.  I have tried calling the # on the battery and it goes to Enersys and I imediately get routed to AT&T.  And they refuse to be any help.  I have a Fibersafe12 battery in my BBU connected to my INID and the alarm keeps going off.

The number I call is 1-866-327-5755.

Where do I get support?  I am fed up with all the hours I have burned to get a battery replacement.

I have tried without success to get to anyone who cares that I have a battery issure.  I have tried calling the # on the battery and it goes to Enersys and I imediately get routed to AT&T.  And they refuse to be any help.  I have a Fibersafe12 battery in my BBU connected to my INID and the alarm keeps going off.

The number I call is 1-866-327-5755.

Where do I get support?  I am fed up with all the hours I have burned to get a battery replacement.

How do I get warrenty replacement Battery for BBU

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 7:59:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jul 26, 2013 at 8:14:17 AM

How old is the BBU? 

They are warrantied against defects for 40 months but the juice runs out in 3 years (or less).   After that, it's your responsibility.

How old is the BBU? 

They are warrantied against defects for 40 months but the juice runs out in 3 years (or less).   After that, it's your responsibility.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I get warrenty replacement Battery for BBU

[ Edited ]
2 of 8 (579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 10:53:16 AM
(0)
Contributor

The whole system has been installed for 23 months and the battery has a 40 month warrenty.  I do beleive that AT&T owns the BBU box and I pay rent.  The problem is no one will take responsiblity for the battery.  Call the battery company and their phone system routes  me back to AT&T and they will not help at all.

Very poor customer support.]

The whole system has been installed for 23 months and the battery has a 40 month warrenty.  I do beleive that AT&T owns the BBU box and I pay rent.  The problem is no one will take responsiblity for the battery.  Call the battery company and their phone system routes  me back to AT&T and they will not help at all.

3 of 8 (550 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 11:04:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jul 26, 2013 at 11:16:48 AM

bobfennessy wrote:

The BBU is provided free of charge.  You do not pay a rental fee on it.   If the red light is flashing and it's beeping every few seconds, it's time for a new BBU and that's your responsibility.  The warranty covers defects, not lifespan.

From this page 

"Battery Back-up status alerts" (about 2/3 of the way down the page):

This alarm warns that the battery has reached the end of its useful life. The user must replace the battery as soon as possible to ensure proper operation of the Gateway Battery Backup Unit.

Sorry.  I'm sure this is not the answer you wanted but it is what it is.

bobfennessy wrote:

The BBU is provided free of charge.  You do not pay a rental fee on it.   If the red light is flashing and it's beeping every few seconds, it's time for a new BBU and that's your responsibility.  The warranty covers defects, not lifespan.

From this page 

"Battery Back-up status alerts" (about 2/3 of the way down the page):

This alarm warns that the battery has reached the end of its useful life. The user must replace the battery as soon as possible to ensure proper operation of the Gateway Battery Backup Unit.

Sorry.  I'm sure this is not the answer you wanted but it is what it is.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 26, 2013 8:08:30 PM
(0)
Employee
From fiber safe FAQ http://www.fibersafebattery.com/faq.aspx

Am I responsible for monitoring the iPSU and maintaining and replacing the backup battery?
Yes. During installation of your AT&T U-verse Voice service, anew FiberSafe12 backup battery was installed. You are solely responsible for periodically monitoring the iPSU and promptly understanding and reacting to the warning lights and audible alarms. You are also responsible for replacing the battery when needed in order to maintain uninterruptable AT&T U-verse Voice service during a power outage.
From fiber safe FAQ http://www.fibersafebattery.com/faq.aspx

Am I responsible for monitoring the iPSU and maintaining and replacing the backup battery?
Yes. During installation of your AT&T U-verse Voice service, anew FiberSafe12 backup battery was installed. You are solely responsible for periodically monitoring the iPSU and promptly understanding and reacting to the warning lights and audible alarms. You are also responsible for replacing the battery when needed in order to maintain uninterruptable AT&T U-verse Voice service during a power outage.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 8 (520 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 27, 2013 5:55:58 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Replacing the BBU is the customers responsibility....bottom line. 

Probably not what the OP wanted to hear! 

Thanks for verifying.

Replacing the BBU is the customers responsibility....bottom line. 

Probably not what the OP wanted to hear! 

Thanks for verifying.

6 of 8 (500 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 29, 2013 9:28:43 PM
(0)
Employee
Another post to cover all bases from ATT Terms of Service (TOS). http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/tos

Power Outages and Backup Batteries. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT AT&T U-VERSE VOICE REQUIRES ELECTRICAL POWER TO FUNCTION AND THAT YOU THEREFORE MUST AT ALL TIMES MAINTAIN A WORKING BACKUP BATTERY FOR YOUR iNID, RG AND YOUR ONT (IF YOU HAVE ONE). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 HOURS TO CHARGE AN INITIAL BACKUP BATTERY AFTER U-VERSE VOICE IS INSTALLED AND/OR AFTER A REPLACEMENT BATTERY IS INSTALLED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT TO CONSERVE BATTERY POWER DURING A POWER OUTAGE, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE BACKUP BATTERIES FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO POWER YOUR U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE(OR TO POWER YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THE PURPOSE OF POWERING YOUR HOME ALARM, IF YOU HAVE AN IP-BASED HOME ALARM THAT USES AT&T U-VERSE HIGH SPEED INTERNET). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE BACKUP BATTERIES INITIALLY SUPPLIED BY AT&T DO NOT PROVIDE POWER FOR CORDLESS PHONES AND THAT, IF YOU ARE USING A CORDLESS PHONE WITH YOUR AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, A SEPARATE BACKUP BATTERY OR OTHER POWER SOURCE MAY BE REQUIRED IF THERE IS A POWER OUTAGE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHEN THE iNID, RG AND ONT BACKUP BATTERIES REQUIRE REPLACEMENT AND FOR REPLACING AND RECYCLING USED BATTERIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANUFACTURER OR VENDOR DIRECTIONS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING BACKUP BATTERIES OR OTHER SOURCES OF POWER FOR ANY CORDLESS PHONES YOU USE WITH YOUR U-VERSE VOICESERVICE.

Rinse and repeat Power Outages and Backup Batteries. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT AT&T U-VERSE VOICE REQUIRES ELECTRICAL POWER TO FUNCTION AND THAT YOU THEREFORE MUST AT ALL TIMES MAINTAIN A WORKING BACKUP BATTERY FOR YOUR iNID, RG AND YOUR ONT (IF YOU HAVE ONE). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 HOURS TO CHARGE AN INITIAL BACKUP BATTERY AFTER U-VERSE VOICE IS INSTALLED AND/OR AFTER A REPLACEMENT BATTERY IS INSTALLED......YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHEN THE iNID, RG AND ONT BACKUP BATTERIES REQUIRE REPLACEMENT AND FOR REPLACING AND RECYCLING USED BATTERIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANUFACTURER OR VENDOR DIRECTIONS.
Another post to cover all bases from ATT Terms of Service (TOS). http://uverseonline.att.net/uverse/tos

Power Outages and Backup Batteries. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT AT&T U-VERSE VOICE REQUIRES ELECTRICAL POWER TO FUNCTION AND THAT YOU THEREFORE MUST AT ALL TIMES MAINTAIN A WORKING BACKUP BATTERY FOR YOUR iNID, RG AND YOUR ONT (IF YOU HAVE ONE). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 HOURS TO CHARGE AN INITIAL BACKUP BATTERY AFTER U-VERSE VOICE IS INSTALLED AND/OR AFTER A REPLACEMENT BATTERY IS INSTALLED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT TO CONSERVE BATTERY POWER DURING A POWER OUTAGE, YOU SHOULD NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THE BACKUP BATTERIES FOR ANY PURPOSE OTHER THAN TO POWER YOUR U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE(OR TO POWER YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION FOR THE PURPOSE OF POWERING YOUR HOME ALARM, IF YOU HAVE AN IP-BASED HOME ALARM THAT USES AT&T U-VERSE HIGH SPEED INTERNET). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT THE BACKUP BATTERIES INITIALLY SUPPLIED BY AT&T DO NOT PROVIDE POWER FOR CORDLESS PHONES AND THAT, IF YOU ARE USING A CORDLESS PHONE WITH YOUR AT&T U-VERSE VOICE SERVICE, A SEPARATE BACKUP BATTERY OR OTHER POWER SOURCE MAY BE REQUIRED IF THERE IS A POWER OUTAGE. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHEN THE iNID, RG AND ONT BACKUP BATTERIES REQUIRE REPLACEMENT AND FOR REPLACING AND RECYCLING USED BATTERIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANUFACTURER OR VENDOR DIRECTIONS. YOU ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING BACKUP BATTERIES OR OTHER SOURCES OF POWER FOR ANY CORDLESS PHONES YOU USE WITH YOUR U-VERSE VOICESERVICE.

Rinse and repeat Power Outages and Backup Batteries. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT AT&T U-VERSE VOICE REQUIRES ELECTRICAL POWER TO FUNCTION AND THAT YOU THEREFORE MUST AT ALL TIMES MAINTAIN A WORKING BACKUP BATTERY FOR YOUR iNID, RG AND YOUR ONT (IF YOU HAVE ONE). YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT WILL TAKE APPROXIMATELY 18 HOURS TO CHARGE AN INITIAL BACKUP BATTERY AFTER U-VERSE VOICE IS INSTALLED AND/OR AFTER A REPLACEMENT BATTERY IS INSTALLED......YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING WHEN THE iNID, RG AND ONT BACKUP BATTERIES REQUIRE REPLACEMENT AND FOR REPLACING AND RECYCLING USED BATTERIES IN ACCORDANCE WITH MANUFACTURER OR VENDOR DIRECTIONS.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 8 (459 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2013 9:05:13 PM
(0)

If you don't mind having no phone when you lose power you can open the front cover of the ipsu and unplug the battery. If it continures to beep, then it is a defective ipsu and the responsibility of AT&T.

If you don't mind having no phone when you lose power you can open the front cover of the ipsu and unplug the battery. If it continures to beep, then it is a defective ipsu and the responsibility of AT&T.

8 of 8 (433 Views)