How do I get my voice mail when I am away from home using my cell phone?

Contributor

How do I get my voice mail when I am away from home using my cell phone?

Message 1 of 8 (473 Views)

Re: How do I get my voice mail when I am away from home using my cell phone?

If you have U-Voice you can use the Voicemail Viewer App--once installed and set up, you can get push notification when you get a message, and listen to the message directly via the app.  Hope this helps.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 2 of 8 (469 Views)
ACE - Master

If you have a smart phone and use U-voice (not a land line) you can download the voice mail viewer app.  Here is some info on it: http://www.att.com/esupport/vmviewer/

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8 (466 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

west6359 - You can call your home phone # & preess # when VM answers or call your 800 number.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401850&ct=9000083&pv=1&title=U-verse+Voice+Calling+Fe...
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (444 Views)
Employee

Why would this not be the first answer given?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 8 (417 Views)
ACE - Expert

MarcHershey - Why would this not be the first answer given? - Because I was out grocery shopping??
Message 6 of 8 (415 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

MarcHershey wrote:
Why would this not be the first answer given?

Because with the app there is nothing to do except open it and press play.  No having to dial anything, plus you can email the message and all sorts of other cool things including automatically saving a copy of the message within the app for future reference. 

You know....there's an app for that!!  LOL

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 7 of 8 (407 Views)

Not to mention the app notifies you when you have a message waiting.   You could also arrange to get an email when there is a message at home and then call as per MarcHershey's suggestion, but I find the VM Viewer app much more convenient.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 8 of 8 (397 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.