How do I get an American Customer Service agent as agents in India are the worst I have EVER seen!!

Highlighted

How do I get an American Customer Service agent as agents in India are the worst I have EVER seen!!

OMG....come on AT&T.  Ever since I switched over to Uverse in March 2014, I've had to contact your customer service for problems.  Every time I call, I keep getting someone from India, and they don't seem to know much about anything!!  I try to discuss issue with them and it gets so frustrating after half an hour or so, I have to hang up as I can't take it anymore.  I'd rather go to the dentist to get all of my teeth pulled.  They lie (I asked for a manager, and the same horrible agent came back on the phone after couple minutes and tried to say she was a different person) ugggghhhhh.  They can't ever find my account (even though I am calling from the phone number that my service is connected to)!!!!  They waste my time and frustrate me to no end.  Can you please, please, please stop having U.S. calls be routed to them for support????  How can I call and be certain to get an American Customer Service agent?  Whenever I get them, my faith in your company is a little restored, but as soon as I get another agent from India, back to usual OMG PLEASE disconnect my AT&T service.  Trust me, if there was another choice in my area in South Carolina, I would have disconnected you a LONG time ago due to all of the frustration.   I am 51 years old and NEVER been this frustrated with the lack of ability to get someone competent on the line to help me in all my life.  Since you have the market cornered in my area in South Carolina, I don't have a choice right now until one of your competitors provides service in our area....then it will be good bye AT&T.  Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can get an American to help me when I contact customer service?  I DO NOT EVER want to be transferred to India for support.  From now on, as soon as someone answers, I ask "Are you located in the U.S.?"  If they say, no we are "offshore" then I say I don't need your assistance & I keep trying to call back, but this is taking a lot of time & frustration.  Please someone help!!  Signed, more than frustrated in Clover, SC

Message 1 of 4 (628 Views)
Employee

Re: How do I get an American Customer Service agent as agents in India are the worst I have EVER see

AT&T has at least 27 call centers located in the US, best time to reach
Billing is Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm local time.
General support Monday to Saturday 8am to 7pm.

Hours outside of above posted more likely to go offshore.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4 (604 Views)
Contributor

Re: How do I get an American Customer Service agent as agents in India are the worst I have EVER see

I have called during regular business hours and have talked to two different people today in the US and neither one knew anything about my order, suggested I can the call center in India!  How are they supposed to know if my service can be installed half way around the world?? They put me on hold every time and say they can't get ahold of the service team!!

Message 3 of 4 (555 Views)
Expert

Click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken to the personal message page for Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular CS who can help you get your issue resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and your concern.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.  As they will reply to via PM as well.

Message 4 of 4 (553 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.