Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 10, 2013
7:44:17 PM
View profile
How do I export my folders from Comcast?

How can you export your folders from Comcast?

How can you export your folders from Comcast?

How do I export my folders from Comcast?

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 10:03:46 PM
(0)
Employee

I dont think that is available.

even if you configure Outlook or ny client email application it will only download the inbox emails.

If you have a Yahoo plus account for the comcast Id, you may be able to get the folders downloaded to a computer.

I dont think that is available.

even if you configure Outlook or ny client email application it will only download the inbox emails.

If you have a Yahoo plus account for the comcast Id, you may be able to get the folders downloaded to a computer.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: How do I export my folders from Comcast?

2 of 3 (695 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 10:11:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

IF Comcast is offering you an IMAP conection to the mail server, you can configure Thunderbird (free email app) to download the emails/folders to your local computer, then if your new email provider also provides an IMAP interface, you can copy the emails from your local computer to the new server.  I have done this many times to move messages from one server to another...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

IF Comcast is offering you an IMAP conection to the mail server, you can configure Thunderbird (free email app) to download the emails/folders to your local computer, then if your new email provider also provides an IMAP interface, you can copy the emails from your local computer to the new server.  I have done this many times to move messages from one server to another...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I export my folders from Comcast?

3 of 3 (690 Views)