How do I enable UPnP on my ATT 2wire407 router?

Contributor

How do I enable UPnP on my ATT 2wire407 router?

How do I enable UPnP on my 2wire407 router?  I have called technical support and they want me to purchase a subscription to ConnecTech and have them do it for me.

1. I have no $!!!

2. Why should I have to pay to have something as popular and commonly used as UPnP is, enabled for me?

I feel like I'm being gouged!

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: How do I enable UPnP on my ATT 2wire407 router?

The 2Wire routers do not support UPnP.

If you absolutely have to have UPnP, you will have to use your own router and set it up as the DMZ device behind the RG.  See the following post for instructions to set up your own router using the DMZPlus feature:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Residential-Gateway/U-verse-for-BUSINESS-2Wire-3600HGV-bridge-mode-or-anoth...

Message 2 of 4
Contributor

According to the technician I talked to, this is something ATT can do for me remotely through ConnecTech, but I have to subscribe to that service for an additional fee.  I do however have a netgear wireless router that I will try to set up accordingly.  Thank you.  If I have trouble, I will post again...

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Expert

tlsquyres wrote:

According to the technician I talked to, this is something ATT can do for me remotely through ConnecTech, but I have to subscribe to that service for an additional fee. ....

This is incorrect information.  There is no UPnP feature in these RG's.  ConnecTech technicians could have helped you set up permanent openings in the firewall for you (like UPnP would do automatically for you).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support