Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Feb 10, 2013
3:02:46 PM
View profile
How do I control my Roku-HD with my Uverse remote

one tv has black remotes the other has silver remotes.  they each have a black & purple Roku.

one tv has black remotes the other has silver remotes.  they each have a black & purple Roku.

How do I control my Roku-HD with my Uverse remote

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 10, 2013 3:41:31 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
RRrich - Unlikely that the U-verse remote would support the Roku. It only does mainstream TVs & DVDs. Peters out on HTs and sound bars.

The point anywhere remote has IR learning from the original remote, but a Logitech Harmony is less expensive.

Check with Logitech on embedded support for Roku. But, the Roku cannot have many functions so it would not take long to "teach" from the Roku remote.

The least expensive Harmony is a refurb model 300 from newegg.com for $18 incl shipping.
RRrich - Unlikely that the U-verse remote would support the Roku. It only does mainstream TVs & DVDs. Peters out on HTs and sound bars.

The point anywhere remote has IR learning from the original remote, but a Logitech Harmony is less expensive.

Check with Logitech on embedded support for Roku. But, the Roku cannot have many functions so it would not take long to "teach" from the Roku remote.

The least expensive Harmony is a refurb model 300 from newegg.com for $18 incl shipping.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I control my Roku-HD with my Uverse remote

2 of 6 (6,257 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 15, 2013 11:40:47 PM
(0)
Professor
If you have a Android or iPhone, there is an app for that. Otherwise, most likely the Logitech Harmony 300 would allow you to control the Roku, UVerse box, tv, and one more appliance.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

3 of 6 (6,134 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 16, 2013 6:48:11 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You cannot control the Roku device with anything besides it's remote.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (6,120 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 17, 2013 1:04:41 PM
(0)
Professor

oufanindallas wrote:

Incorrect.  You can control the Roku with the Android & iOS app for it, or do it with a Logitech Harmony series remote, and Roomie Remote.

oufanindallas wrote:

Incorrect.  You can control the Roku with the Android & iOS app for it, or do it with a Logitech Harmony series remote, and Roomie Remote.

5 of 6 (6,083 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 12:54:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

That is absolutely not correct. Roku can be controlled by several universal devices. I'm using my old Logitech Harmony One, but any of the Logitech remotes work just fine.

That is absolutely not correct. Roku can be controlled by several universal devices. I'm using my old Logitech Harmony One, but any of the Logitech remotes work just fine.

6 of 6 (3,513 Views)