Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 21, 2013
5:17:13 PM
View profile
How do I connect my computer to my wireless tv receiver to watch tv

I am not sure that it is possible, but I am wanting to use my desktop to watch tv. I have an ethernet cable connecting my computer and wireless tv receiver.

I am not sure that it is possible, but I am wanting to use my desktop to watch tv. I have an ethernet cable connecting my computer and wireless tv receiver.

How do I connect my computer to my wireless tv receiver to watch tv

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 5:35:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Does your desktop have a TV tuner card?

Does your desktop have a TV tuner card?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I connect my computer to my wireless tv receiver to watch tv

2 of 3 (804 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 5:46:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
redphoenix - Software is not available to receive the U-verse TV signal over the network connection & present it for viewing. Only the U-Verse STB can do that. So, you need a video input for your computer that matches one of the video outputs of the STB. Two big names are Hauppage & Elgato. You can search for devices. There are three types -

The first one you do not want - It is to display the computer on the TV. If the device is inexpensive, be careful it is not this type. more here - http://sewelldirect.com/articles/PCtoTV.aspx Also, check out the learning center page

The second is a video input for one computer such as the Elgato or Hauppage. Check each device for control software.

The third is a Slingbox type of device that connects to the STB & is reached from ANY computer via the web. There are a number of mfgrs. Google or Amazon Slingbox to learn & find competitors.
redphoenix - Software is not available to receive the U-verse TV signal over the network connection & present it for viewing. Only the U-Verse STB can do that. So, you need a video input for your computer that matches one of the video outputs of the STB. Two big names are Hauppage & Elgato. You can search for devices. There are three types -

The first one you do not want - It is to display the computer on the TV. If the device is inexpensive, be careful it is not this type. more here - http://sewelldirect.com/articles/PCtoTV.aspx Also, check out the learning center page

The second is a video input for one computer such as the Elgato or Hauppage. Check each device for control software.

The third is a Slingbox type of device that connects to the STB & is reached from ANY computer via the web. There are a number of mfgrs. Google or Amazon Slingbox to learn & find competitors.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How do I connect my computer to my wireless tv receiver to watch tv

3 of 3 (800 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments