Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jun 9, 2014
6:35:30 PM
View profile
How can the online cusotmer service representative provide a promise which will never be fullfilled?

Today I installed the TV and the internet service from AT&T but I suddently found the promise from the representative online is NOT fullfilled. When I placed the order, I ever checked with her about the credit check fee 449$. At the begnning, she told me that it can't be refundable. But after I told her that one of my colleague with the similar credit history with me was NOT charged such fee, she went to confirm with her manage and gave me such promise below.  I have the whole chat history but only attached the important part below.

Debby: XXXX, I have checked with my Manager and he said that the deposit money will be refundable once your contract over.

XXXX: ok, so what should I do now?

Debby: You need not to worry, you just need to pay the $449.00 deposit money right now once the contract is over you will get that money or else adjusted in your bills.

Debby: Sounds good?

XXXX: I want to clarify the meaning of the contract over. For example, if I order it for one year, then I will get the $449 back after one year, right?

Debby: Yes, you are absolutely correct.

XXXX: that's ok.

XXXX: and what's the meaning of the bills adjustment?

Debby: The deposit amount will be reduced in your monthly bill after the contract period.

XXXX: oh, I got it.

XXXX: Is that mentioned in our contract?

XXXX: I mean if there will be a statement about the deposit which will be refunded in our contract.

Debby: Absolutely! You will receive an email regarding all the plans and amount in detail.

Today after my installation and registration, I checked my account and order. There's nothing mentioned about that. Then I called the AT&T customer service and they told me that this feed can NOT be refunded. Thus, how could the AT&T representative (Debby) provid such promise?

Today I installed the TV and the internet service from AT&T but I suddently found the promise from the representative online is NOT fullfilled. When I placed the order, I ever checked with her about the credit check fee 449$. At the begnning, she told me that it can't be refundable. But after I told her that one of my colleague with the similar credit history with me was NOT charged such fee, she went to confirm with her manage and gave me such promise below.  I have the whole chat history but only attached the important part below.

Debby: XXXX, I have checked with my Manager and he said that the deposit money will be refundable once your contract over.

XXXX: ok, so what should I do now?

Debby: You need not to worry, you just need to pay the $449.00 deposit money right now once the contract is over you will get that money or else adjusted in your bills.

Debby: Sounds good?

XXXX: I want to clarify the meaning of the contract over. For example, if I order it for one year, then I will get the $449 back after one year, right?

Debby: Yes, you are absolutely correct.

XXXX: that's ok.

XXXX: and what's the meaning of the bills adjustment?

Debby: The deposit amount will be reduced in your monthly bill after the contract period.

XXXX: oh, I got it.

XXXX: Is that mentioned in our contract?

XXXX: I mean if there will be a statement about the deposit which will be refunded in our contract.

Debby: Absolutely! You will receive an email regarding all the plans and amount in detail.

Today after my installation and registration, I checked my account and order. There's nothing mentioned about that. Then I called the AT&T customer service and they told me that this feed can NOT be refunded. Thus, how could the AT&T representative (Debby) provid such promise?

How can the online cusotmer service representative provide a promise which will never be fullfilled?

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 8:19:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Jun 11, 2014 at 8:23:11 AM

From the AT&T terms of service:

Advance Payments, Deposits, Fees  and Limits. We may require you to make deposits or advance  payments for Services, which we may use to satisfy your initial bill for  Services, to offset against any unpaid balance on your account, or as otherwise  set forth in these TOS or permitted by law. Interest will not be paid on  advance payments or deposits unless required by law. We may require additional  advance payments or deposits if we determine that the initial payment was  inadequate. Upon determination solely by AT&T of satisfactory payment  history or as required by law, AT&T may begin refunding of the deposit or  advance payment through bill credits, cash payments, or as otherwise determined  solely by AT&T. Based on your creditworthiness, a non-refundable fee may be  required to establish service and we may require you to enroll, and remain  enrolled, in an automatic payment or electronic funds transfer plan. We may  establish additional limits and restrict service or features as we deem  appropriate. If your account balance goes beyond the limit we set for you, we  may immediately interrupt or suspend service until your balance is brought  below the limit. Any charges you incur in excess of your limit become  immediately due.

Entire terms of service here: http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

If you want further clarification I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

From the AT&T terms of service:

Advance Payments, Deposits, Fees  and Limits. We may require you to make deposits or advance  payments for Services, which we may use to satisfy your initial bill for  Services, to offset against any unpaid balance on your account, or as otherwise  set forth in these TOS or permitted by law. Interest will not be paid on  advance payments or deposits unless required by law. We may require additional  advance payments or deposits if we determine that the initial payment was  inadequate. Upon determination solely by AT&T of satisfactory payment  history or as required by law, AT&T may begin refunding of the deposit or  advance payment through bill credits, cash payments, or as otherwise determined  solely by AT&T. Based on your creditworthiness, a non-refundable fee may be  required to establish service and we may require you to enroll, and remain  enrolled, in an automatic payment or electronic funds transfer plan. We may  establish additional limits and restrict service or features as we deem  appropriate. If your account balance goes beyond the limit we set for you, we  may immediately interrupt or suspend service until your balance is brought  below the limit. Any charges you incur in excess of your limit become  immediately due.

Entire terms of service here: http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp

If you want further clarification I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: How can the online cusotmer service representative provide a promise which will never be fullfil

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (550 Views)
(1)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 9:16:14 AM
(1)
Scholar

I've learned from reading here and elsewhere that the people's who job it is to sell these services will say or promise anything to make a sale. Reading the fine print and checking channel availability lists are just two things people should do before entering into a contract with AT&T or any other company selling TV services or any service that requires a legal commitment.

I've learned from reading here and elsewhere that the people's who job it is to sell these services will say or promise anything to make a sale. Reading the fine print and checking channel availability lists are just two things people should do before entering into a contract with AT&T or any other company selling TV services or any service that requires a legal commitment.

Re: How can the online cusotmer service representative provide a promise which will never be fullfil

3 of 5 (540 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 11, 2014 10:30:34 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will contact the ATT customer service further since that's definitely a cheat.

Thanks a lot for your replies. I will contact the ATT customer service further since that's definitely a cheat.

4 of 5 (526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 14, 2014 4:34:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Actually from what I have read over the years, that $499 fee w/be repaid in $5 monthly credits, meaning it will take 100 months of flawless payment on your Uverse service to recoup it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Actually from what I have read over the years, that $499 fee w/be repaid in $5 monthly credits, meaning it will take 100 months of flawless payment on your Uverse service to recoup it. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 5 (465 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments