How can I view/obtain my landline call details

How can I view/obtain my landline call details

How can I obtain a call detail for my landline service with AT&T. I have three phone lines and some bundling of phone services and unlike the wireless product I cannot find or obtain any reference to the calls made, times, numbers, etc. for my landline numbers.

Can someone PLEASE help. It is imperative that I obtain this information.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 17 (17,782 Views)
Expert

Re: How can I view/obtain my landline call details

Do you have U-voice? VOIP phone service?

Message 2 of 17 (17,747 Views)

I have Att local and long distance service. I can pull an invoice....please Define U-voice or VOIP....

Message 3 of 17 (17,745 Views)
Expert

Uverse has a phone service instead of POTS (Plain Old Telepho  ne Service) it is VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol).  If you have the VOIP phone service you can go to the Interactive menu and check some of your call details.  You can do it on your tv.

Message 4 of 17 (17,734 Views)

No. I have the old landline service. No internet or wireless with it.

The call activity has to be recorded where can I access it?

Please help. Very critical.

Message 5 of 17 (17,728 Views)
Expert

I don't know how you can get it with POTS unless you see the name and phone numbers of calls on your tv screen. 

Click the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, and they can get this resolved for you.  Send thema PM with your info and the issue and someone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Message 6 of 17 (17,724 Views)

Thank you but I have very little confidence in getting help. This is not my first attempt on this matter. I've talked, waited, emailed, chatted and have gotten no where. I begged a supervisor to attempt the directive she and others had given me to contact a legal department. She finally agreed and admitted it was not possible to speak to a real person. Even as an insider.

I don't understand how At&T can get away with giving out unworking numbers, not having real people to discuss issues with and most frustrating no accountablity with any follow up. Seems the minute someone doesn't have or want to pursue an answer they just disconnect. So sad and disappointing. Keep in mind this IS my information that your company has but will not share....so frustrating.

But I'm up for a surprise...maybe your customer care will respond.

Thanks for you help.

Message 7 of 17 (17,717 Views)
Employee

Based on posts earlier this year, no local call activity available for viewing or printing, long distance yes,local no.

To view and pay your pay online including home phone http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB403136&cv=807
Has view Bill Details under which is View Histor Report Usage...to my knowledge this is Voip only.

For request to view past history (past question on forum)
http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Phone-Records/m-p/3636817/highlight/true#M5353

This link states three ways http://www.ehow.com/how_8359161_check-att-call-history-log.html
1) on cell phone ...select call history, then either midded call, incoming call, or outgoing call.
2) use att.com with instructions.
3) call 611 from ATT phone , follow prompts for history.

As I have neither landline nor Voip cannot verify one way or another.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 8 of 17 (17,708 Views)

I appreciate the attempt but All the options you shared apply to wireless billing only. The information I need is for our landline and the options described by your options are not applicable. The call details I'm looking for are the long distance ones. Ask around the info has to be available. Again is it critical. Thank you.

Message 9 of 17 (17,691 Views)
ACE - Professor

Do you have unlimited long distance? If not, all LD calls are itemized on every statement. If you have unlimited log distance, you have the option of having every LD call itemized, so they might still be on your bill.

What is the reason you're needing this info?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 10 of 17 (17,672 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

The only way your going to get ANY reports for local incoming and outgoing calls on a land line from AT&T is via a court subpoena.  As has been mentioned, you CAN get long distance calls you made but not received (unless you have a toll free number) from your long distance carrier.  Think of it this way.......If you were billed for the individual call you can get a record of it.  If not, you can't without a court order.

If this is a business, you might want to check with your phone system provider and see if they can provide you any information, but typically if you don't already have some sort of call collecting equipment installed that's not going to get you what you need either.

Sorry, but that's the way it's been for decades with land lines.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 11 of 17 (17,666 Views)

I have unlimited long distance and At&T is my carrier for that service. I am looking for verification on individual outgoing calls. I don't understand why I would have to subpoena my own records. They are mine. I'm not asking for info on someone else.

This is a residential line. Not a business matter. Critical info regarding a much needed doctor contact.

Any idea how I get the info....also a critical timely issue. Legal and court route would take months.

Message 12 of 17 (17,660 Views)
Mentor

To best of my knowledge, legacy land line call details, besides for long distance charges, have never been avalible to even the customer without a court order.  We have been spoiled by detailed cell phone and VOIP bills.  Your best route maybe to contact Law Enforcement, if this is a pressing issue.

Message 13 of 17 (17,638 Views)

Again. This is a time sensitive matter. And I am looking for my long distance information which is provided by At&T. Any help with this is grandly appreciated.

Even a corporate phone number or regional or some connection. The law dept. numbers are either not in service or never respond. Even law enforcement has issues getting info. with court documents.

Please help.

Message 14 of 17 (17,634 Views)
ACE - Master

AmazingCompany wrote:

I have unlimited long distance and At&T is my carrier for that service. I am looking for verification on individual outgoing calls. I don't understand why I would have to subpoena my own records. They are mine. I'm not asking for info on someone else.

This is a residential line. Not a business matter. Critical info regarding a much needed doctor contact.

Any idea how I get the info....also a critical timely issue. Legal and court route would take months.

I can assure you your not going to get what your asking for unless you get a court order.   I've been in the telephone business since 1978 and with AT&T land lines it's always been that way. 

With that said, does you home phone (cordless or desk) have any type of storage memory in it?  Mine stores the last 50 missed incoming calls but only the last number I dialed.  There are devices for residential lines that will store 1200 or more incoming numbers but nothign I know of to store residential outbound dialing. 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Message 15 of 17 (17,632 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.