Helpful Links

How can I connect the USB port to a Konica Magic 1690MF with ATT 559 router (Pace 5031NV)? I can't find a driver anywhere.

Contributor

How can I connect the USB port to a Konica Magic 1690MF with ATT 559 router (Pace 5031NV)? I can't find a driver anywhere.

Message 1 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: How can I connect the USB port to a Konica Magic 1690MF with ATT 559 router (Pace 5031NV)? I can't find a driver anywhere.

Are you wanting to connect your printer to the USB port on the 5031NV?  If it's like the rest of the AT&T routers that is not a customer usable port.  I read the installation instructions and no where does it mention the USB port as a usable port.  Why don't you just connect it with a Cat 5e patch cord?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Re: How can I connect the USB port to a Konica Magic 1690MF with ATT 559 router (Pace 5031NV)? I can't find a driver anywhere.

Hello Beebeesa,

Thank you for giving me your input. According to Konica Magic 1690MF manual, connecting to USB port and to RJ45 plug (CAT5E or CAT6 cable) give two different results:

---Scan with a USB port sending a document directly from scanner to PC, laptop,...in the network and USB port can do multiple pages.

---Scan with a RJ45 (CAT5E or CAT6 cable), the document can be store in a USB flash drive, then that can be taken and store in PC, laptop,...and CAT cable can do only single page.

Another words, using USB port from the router is one step, and multiple pages, while CAT5E or CAT6 cable, two steps, single page.

Right now, the problem with PACE 5031NV router is that the USB port is not utilized yet. There should be a driver for the device somewhere.

I was using Netgear AC1720 router, it has a NETGEAR USB control center that will connect the Konica Magic 1690MF to the router; therefore the network connects to it. But now the system has changed to PACE 5031NV router and the USB port of this device does not work yet.

Joshua One8

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

I believe you would have to connect the Konica to a PC via USB with Konica software installed in order to get the functionality that you desire.  Connecting to any printer serving device other than a PC with the device specific software on it will likely not serve you well.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support