How Long does it take for Account credit to apply?

Anonymous
N/A

How Long does it take for Account credit to apply?

I had an issue with a Uverse Rep who visited me not informing me of charges to my account when they signed me up for Uverse... I was never informed of the $50 activation fee and was told I could lease the modem for a few dollars a month, but only to find a whopping $100 fee on my acct. But the billing dept said they would apply a credit to alleviate these charges. But they're still showing on my billing.

How long does it take normally for a credit to be applied to the account? I really can't afford these charges and if I was informed of them I wouldn't have upgraded to Uverse until I could afford it. I've been an AT&T internet customer for over 10 years now and I'd hate for this to cause me to leave.

Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

Re: How Long does it take for Account credit to apply?

User2354524 wrote:

I had an issue with a Uverse Rep who visited me not informing me of charges to my account when they signed me up for Uverse... I was never informed of the $50 activation fee and was told I could lease the modem for a few dollars a month, but only to find a whopping $100 fee on my acct. But the billing dept said they would apply a credit to alleviate these charges. But they're still showing on my billing.

How long does it take normally for a credit to be applied to the account? I really can't afford these charges and if I was informed of them I wouldn't have upgraded to Uverse until I could afford it. I've been an AT&T internet customer for over 10 years now and I'd hate for this to cause me to leave.

If the credits have been issued, they should take affect within hours. To make sure, I'd send a private message to customer care using the link below. They'll verify the credits have been issued and your correct balance.

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Employee

The $49 fee is standard, http://www.att.com/u-verse/explore/offer-details.jsp
" Promotional pricing applies to service rates only and excludes taxes, equipment fees, and other charges including a $49 service activation fee, city video cost recovery fees, where applicable, and a Broadcast TV surcharge. Residential customers only. Credit restrictions may apply"

"AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet:
Residential customers only. Prices and offers subject to change without notice. Internet speed claim(s) represent maximum downstream capabilities. Speeds may vary and are not guaranteed. Many factors can affect actual speeds, including the use of other U-verse services. Credit and other restrictions apply. Service and speeds are not available in all areas. U-verse price includes 250GB of data per month. For more information, go to http://www.att.com/internet-usage. A $7 monthly High Speed Internet equipment fee may apply. A one-time equipment charge of $100 may apply for Internet Gateway. Wireless networking may require adapter, purchased separately. "

Gateway can only be rented ($7/month) for one of following conditions...
1) ordered IPTV service
2) ordered POWER (45/6) internet
3) on a Fiber To The Premise install
4) have a longer loop length (distance) requiring a bonded install.

As you are internet only or internet/voip on a single pair install with less than POWER internet the RG is a $100 purchase.
This can be billed either as a one time charge or three payments.

If new to Uverse should be offered a $100 reward card (receive in 30 to 60 days after install) to offset the cost of the RG.

A door rep would not know your distance and could not guarantee rental unless ordered TV service.

In signing up (activation) of internet services you checked two boxes that said you read, understand and agree to services.
If you do not agree, stop and cancel services, doing this within first days means no $180 ETF, after 30 days would owe the $180.
http://www.att.com/u-verse/att-terms-of-service.jsp
"By enrolling in, activating,using, or paying for the services, you agree to thereto and conditions in these TOS, including but not limited to the prices, charges,and terms and conditions provided to you in marketing and informational materials associated with the Services and on the AT&T U-verse website, all of which are incorporated herein by reference. If you do not agree to all of the aforementioned terms and conditions, do not use the Services,and cancel the services immediately by calling AT&T at 1-800-288-2020."

Conclusion, recommend calling to be placed on three payments and details on $100 award card.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
N/A

Reward card? Uh, the AT&T Rep pretty much committed fraud by not disclosing these costs to me. What she did is indeed illegal and unethical. No, I'm not going to wait for a reward card, I want the $100 charge to revert to a monthly lease fee as I was promised and the removal of the activation fee as I was not informed of it. 

Message 4 of 6
Employee

Which RG?, if 510, this is an afsl2+ circuit with no leased RGs, only purchased.
If the 3600 or 5031, vdsl circuit will need a tech visit to install a leased RG, you will need to return your current RG to ATT by a UPS store, once received will receive credit on account. Keep receipt from UPS store with tracking number is case of loss.

Again a rep would not know what type of service (ads or vdsl) and if can lease unless order TV service which can only be leased.

As always, if you do not agree with terms may cancel service and return all equipment to local UPS store with account information provided at time of cancellation.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6
Community Manager

Hello @User2354524 

Did you get a chance to send a private message to our team using the link in MicCheck's post? Please do and we'll be happy to help with everything we can.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support