Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 31, 2013
2:42:57 PM
View profile
Horrific day of installation

An ATT sales rep was walking the neighborhood last week offering a great special for signing up that night.  I purchased U-verse TV and 45mbs of internet.  The installer came yesterday at 2:30ish and started switching things away from Charter cable.  The internet was not coming up so he said he would come back to it shortly and proceeded with changing our 5 tv's.  More than 5 hours later he finished with the TV's and went back to work on the internet to no avail.  We were only getting 11mbs instead of the 45.  He called tech support but they were closed.  He called another tech and this tech was spewing all sorts of technical stuff at my installer telling him how to get our asus router to work.  After haning up the tech at our house admited he was not technical and asked if I could see if my tech savy son could help.  After getting an ear full from my son on how ATT should be able to install their system and he would not assist I suggest the tech call his boss.  After explaining the problem to his boss, the tech handed me the phone.  Christopher, his boss, told me that their system was not designed to work with a third party router.  I explained that we had asked that question up front and was told it was no problem.  He got pissy and stated that it is their job to bring the interent to the house not to get it working with my router.  He asked if he could come out to the house and see what he could do.  He showed up about 30 minutes later, was rude and abrupt.  Didnt appologize for my time wasted but just asked where his rep was. When i said in the basement he sharply said " well can you show me where that is".  I took him down to Tony and they talked for a second and began switching back to Charter.  All Christopher said for the following hour was which TV is next.  He left at 10:00 stating that he would have the retention department call to confirm cancellation and see what they could do about me wasting 7 hours.  Well, as expected, i did not recieve a call so at 3:00 this afternoon I called the retention department and explained the situation.  The rep said there were not any notes on my account and that a manager can not request retention to call out, they are not allowed to.  She was very pleasant and took care of canceling the contract and reversing the existing charges.  I also explained that in the process Tony switched our two phone lines and we want them switched back.  I had to call service for that and they told me to go outside and open their box and unplus and switch the wires myself.  I have to say ATT has really gone downhill.  I use to think they were the best but now realize why i have stayed with Charter for so many years!  I sent an email out to the neighborhood with what I had to go through, only to get responses from 2 neighbors who switched and have terrible internet service ever since.  Good by ATT I hope I never get the idea of switching again cause price does not make up for a lack of knowledge and service!

An ATT sales rep was walking the neighborhood last week offering a great special for signing up that night.  I purchased U-verse TV and 45mbs of internet.  The installer came yesterday at 2:30ish and started switching things away from Charter cable.  The internet was not coming up so he said he would come back to it shortly and proceeded with changing our 5 tv's.  More than 5 hours later he finished with the TV's and went back to work on the internet to no avail.  We were only getting 11mbs instead of the 45.  He called tech support but they were closed.  He called another tech and this tech was spewing all sorts of technical stuff at my installer telling him how to get our asus router to work.  After haning up the tech at our house admited he was not technical and asked if I could see if my tech savy son could help.  After getting an ear full from my son on how ATT should be able to install their system and he would not assist I suggest the tech call his boss.  After explaining the problem to his boss, the tech handed me the phone.  Christopher, his boss, told me that their system was not designed to work with a third party router.  I explained that we had asked that question up front and was told it was no problem.  He got pissy and stated that it is their job to bring the interent to the house not to get it working with my router.  He asked if he could come out to the house and see what he could do.  He showed up about 30 minutes later, was rude and abrupt.  Didnt appologize for my time wasted but just asked where his rep was. When i said in the basement he sharply said " well can you show me where that is".  I took him down to Tony and they talked for a second and began switching back to Charter.  All Christopher said for the following hour was which TV is next.  He left at 10:00 stating that he would have the retention department call to confirm cancellation and see what they could do about me wasting 7 hours.  Well, as expected, i did not recieve a call so at 3:00 this afternoon I called the retention department and explained the situation.  The rep said there were not any notes on my account and that a manager can not request retention to call out, they are not allowed to.  She was very pleasant and took care of canceling the contract and reversing the existing charges.  I also explained that in the process Tony switched our two phone lines and we want them switched back.  I had to call service for that and they told me to go outside and open their box and unplus and switch the wires myself.  I have to say ATT has really gone downhill.  I use to think they were the best but now realize why i have stayed with Charter for so many years!  I sent an email out to the neighborhood with what I had to go through, only to get responses from 2 neighbors who switched and have terrible internet service ever since.  Good by ATT I hope I never get the idea of switching again cause price does not make up for a lack of knowledge and service!

Horrific day of installation

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 2, 2014 7:22:19 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, lmalashock!

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experience with U-verse. Rudeness is never tolerated, so if you have any more information about the manager that was rude to you, please send it to me in a private message so I can forward it to the appropriate channel.

If there is anything else we can do, please send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, lmalashock!

Thanks for posting. I'm very sorry to hear about your recent experience with U-verse. Rudeness is never tolerated, so if you have any more information about the manager that was rude to you, please send it to me in a private message so I can forward it to the appropriate channel.

If there is anything else we can do, please send us a private message by clicking here. In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Horrific day of installation

2 of 2 (159 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments