Horrible Customer service Senior Citizen Uverse and no phone !

Contributor

Horrible Customer service Senior Citizen Uverse and no phone !

My phone has been off since friday ! I am a senior citizen and i have called numerous times to customer service with long extending holds even when i explained i am using my cell phone and i have low minuets.  Friday the so called contractor for AT & T came to the home went up the line and said there was a problem and supposingly the supervisor he could not fix it  and to come back on sunday. Well sunday was a holiday for some there was no call and no one showed up.  I called on monday they said oh someone is coming out between 8 a,m and 8 pm and of course no one showed up again and at and t blamed the contractor.  I explained to At & T not only am i a senior citizen i have a disabled daugter in the home. there is no dial tone on our phone and on monday i was told it would be expedited and of course there was no supervisor long hold and i had to hang up due to my minuets and of course no call back.  Tuesday someone was on there way and they never showed up . i called again and advised i have a disabled daughter and if something was to happen we could not call out? she asked me oh do you have a cell phone? is it aTand T? what in the world??? Today i called again no one shows up a customer service rep named jennifer advised unfotunately it could take up to three weeks really to fix the line for uverse but someone should turn the phone back on. She gave me the ticket number  [Edited for privacy.] and advised someone is suppose to come out today and they should have told me it could be almost three weeks to fix the line and maybe by friday they may come out to look at my phone? What part is there is no line and the phone worked fine before they turned it off and i need my phone for an emergency with someone who is disabled? what type of customer service is this? No supervisor call back all of sudden they can't find the escalated ticket and somehow no one put notes in the system except Jennifer? My daughter works in a call center and your average handle time may be 5 minuets but for escalated calls you are to call back and advise the member of the statius not have a senior citzen call back numerous times! So i call back today and this time now they can't find my phone number or account number and i have had the same phone number over 40 years!@ this is ridiculous and horrendous service. The account number has always been [Edited for privacy.] the customer code is [Edited for privacy.] my uverse account is [Edited for privacy.] the same account number i give over and over again! Turn the phone on if you are fixing the internet don't leave the phone off and blame the contractor.  He is still your vendor and he has a supervisor and a manager . I dont need to hear the same song and dance ( I am so sorry it is there fault ) The contractor is part of your company that does business and someone should be following up to make sure it is resolved. Escalation means escalation not turn around time on your time. . If someone does not get this phone back on and not a ** we are so sorry and pathetic credit to my account i am going to make sure this information is not listed only in this forum but everywhere else. Senior Citizens should not be taken of advantage and what part of someone is disabled do you not understand? Where is your customer service and who waits almost a whole week before you contact someone and cant advise what is the turn around time for an escalated call? Stop worrying about the stats and contact me today

[Edited for privacy.]

Message 1 of 4
Expert

Re: Horrible Customer service Senior Citizen Uverse and no phone !

If you ever have a problem with your service, it might be in your best intrest to come post here in the forum.  There are many people here who can offer you help in the form of resources, suggestions, and information to get your issue resolved.

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Guru

Send a PM List Private Messages to a customer care representative. They are good at handling problems like yours.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Here is a link for Customer Care that was mentioned in the above post. 

Be sure to include your account number and a brief summary of the issue(s) you are having.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support