Helpful Links

Horrible Customer Support - I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

Highlighted
Contributor

Horrible Customer Support - I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

So, after 35 minutes of phone calls and chatting to clarify that I would not be double billed for paying a past due balance now as opposed to the scheduled payment I had made with someone a week ago below was what I got.

-  A phone with empty air after a transfer from a rep who danced around getting me a supervisor and the exact phrase "I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced."

- After about a 10 minutes chat I got the phrase "I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced." by both the rep and his supervisor. 

I also requested the info for the complaints department or the person/group responsible for customer service.  It was obvious that they either could not understand my question or they were trying to avoid escalation...  

Until now, I've had a pretty good experience with AT&T but, really haven't had to call customer service. 

AT&T - If you would like to redeem yourself, please put me in touch with someone who can legitimately relay our concerns.  That being said, I paid my balance and if I'm double billed, I'll post up here and every other social media site and consumer affairs sites to express my extreme frustration with this service and service model.

Ben

Message 1 of 4

Re: Horrible Customer Support - I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

BenMcN,
Have you tried sending a private message to ATTCustomerCare? They'll get in contact with you within 1-2 business days and ensure you are directed to the proper person best suited to resolve your problems. You must be sure to include a description of your problem, your number and email, and the best time to contact you. 

Message 2 of 4
ACE - Master

Re: Horrible Customer Support - I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

BenMcN wrote:

So, after 35 minutes of phone calls and chatting to clarify that I would not be double billed for paying a past due balance now as opposed to the scheduled payment I had made with someone a week ago below was what I got.

-  A phone with empty air after a transfer from a rep who danced around getting me a supervisor and the exact phrase "I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced."

- After about a 10 minutes chat I got the phrase "I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced." by both the rep and his supervisor. 

I also requested the info for the complaints department or the person/group responsible for customer service.  It was obvious that they either could not understand my question or they were trying to avoid escalation...  

Until now, I've had a pretty good experience with AT&T but, really haven't had to call customer service. 

AT&T - If you would like to redeem yourself, please put me in touch with someone who can legitimately relay our concerns.  That being said, I paid my balance and if I'm double billed, I'll post up here and every other social media site and consumer affairs sites to express my extreme frustration with this service and service model.

Ben

Did you pay just the past due balance? If you set up a payment for $X on a certain day, I would expect that payment to be made on that day if there is still a balance outstanding on the account. I'd follow july's suggestion and contact customer care to be sure.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4
Contributor

I haver had the same experience. Service calls with no shows, customer care service reps inepted, and just an all around negative experience with AT&T. 

Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support