Horrible Customer Service

Contributor

Horrible Customer Service

I recently moved and signed up for UVerse Internet because I believed it to be superior to the service I had before which was horribly unreliable. So far, the internet itself has been great, but I have been nothing but disappointed with the customer service I have received. 

When I signed up in store, I was told it would be $49 a month and that I would pay a $100 fee for the modem, they would wave the installation fee. I was also told we could install ourselves. After sitting there for nearly an hour, they told my boyfriend and I that there was a problem and that we could go they would give us a call later in the day. Apparantly the previous tenants had not disconected their service yet. I recieved no call. 

A few days later I contacted the live online chat who told me to contact customer service. I did so, but instead of addressing the problem the lady kept trying to up the price of the service and "make it cheaper" by adding TV. I told her several times what I was told in store and that I was a student who needed internet but didn't need, want, or have money for more. She kept repeating herself, and I could tell I wasn't getting anywhere so I told her I would go back to the store.

At the store, I spoke with an associate who once again told me she could waive the $100 installation fee since we were told we could self install and that it would be waived anyway. Instead of paying the rental fee up front we added it to our bill. Our service was installed a few days later.

I received my first bill for $159 this month after being told twice the fee would be waived. I made a third trip to the store where I was once again told it would be waived and that he would add a $100 credit to my account to make up the difference. He had had a problem doing so, and after waiting for 30 minutes said he would call me later that afternoon when he could get it fixed. It has been a week. I have not received a call and now my bill shows that it is $100 past due. I am very disappointed to say the least. I am upset that I did not receive what I was told I would initially and outraged that I have had to take so much time out of my busy schedule (I both work and attend college full time) to deal with a problem that should have never occured. I am so upset that I am seriously considering going back to my old service despite its unreliability. At least with it I was billed only what I was told and it's customer service representatives were competant at their job. 

Message 1 of 2 (303 Views)
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Horrible Customer Service

Hello, awhitley2011!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience with your new service. We would definitely appreciate the opportunity to look into this and remedy the situation, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (280 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.