Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Apr 5, 2013
1:33:36 PM
View profile
Honeywell Wifi Thermostat

The WiFi connection comes and goes on my two thermostats constantly throughout the day.  I spoke to Honeywell and two areas of the router that needs to be active are Dynamic IP which I believe I have but the second is that Port 443 needs to be open.  How do I locate that info and correct if it is not?

The WiFi connection comes and goes on my two thermostats constantly throughout the day.  I spoke to Honeywell and two areas of the router that needs to be active are Dynamic IP which I believe I have but the second is that Port 443 needs to be open.  How do I locate that info and correct if it is not?

Honeywell Wifi Thermostat

3 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 5, 2013 7:37:05 PM
(0)
Professor
If you have a wireless Set Top Box(s) in your residence, you cannot use Port 443. Matter of fact, ATT has reserved Port 443 on their system, so anything using it, has to be moved to a different outbound port.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"
If you have a wireless Set Top Box(s) in your residence, you cannot use Port 443. Matter of fact, ATT has reserved Port 443 on their system, so anything using it, has to be moved to a different outbound port.

"Ren: Now listen, Cadet. I've got a job for you. See this button? Don't touch it! It's the History Eraser button, you fool!

Stimpy: So what'll happen?

Ren: That's just it. We don't know. Maybe something bad, maybe something good. I guess we'll never know, 'cause you're going to guard it. You won't touch it, will you?"

Re: Honeywell Wifi Thermostat

2 of 4 (3,359 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 25, 2013 8:16:42 AM
(0)
Contributor

Okay....I have a honeywell thermostat that goes from a full strong signal....to no signal at all.... throughout the day as well.  I DO have a wireless box in the house....that is rarely on (in a bedroom).   I also noticed that while on vacation for 7 days.....it never lost signal.    It is like it is being "Knocked off" or competing for the same connection as something else??   How do I correct?

Okay....I have a honeywell thermostat that goes from a full strong signal....to no signal at all.... throughout the day as well.  I DO have a wireless box in the house....that is rarely on (in a bedroom).   I also noticed that while on vacation for 7 days.....it never lost signal.    It is like it is being "Knocked off" or competing for the same connection as something else??   How do I correct?

3 of 4 (3,079 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 11, 2013 9:26:57 AM
(0)
Contributor

I've had the same problem, but believe it is now fixed.  I installed a Range Extender (Netgear WN2000RPTv2) to improve signal strength at the thermostat.  Now no more dropped communication messages from the thermostat.  Basic problem seems to be that the thermostat requires a strong signal; we have a streaming TV next to the thermostat that does fine with the signal from the 2Wire router.  Honeywell phone tech was prompt and friendly, but did not know readily how to redirect the thermostat from the 2Wire router to the new Range Extender.

I've had the same problem, but believe it is now fixed.  I installed a Range Extender (Netgear WN2000RPTv2) to improve signal strength at the thermostat.  Now no more dropped communication messages from the thermostat.  Basic problem seems to be that the thermostat requires a strong signal; we have a streaming TV next to the thermostat that does fine with the signal from the 2Wire router.  Honeywell phone tech was prompt and friendly, but did not know readily how to redirect the thermostat from the 2Wire router to the new Range Extender.

4 of 4 (2,920 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments