Home Phone service

Home Phone service

Spoke to three ATT reps today all of whom cannot explain why my phone service didn't start as scheduled at my new address yesterday. Amazingly Ryan, Shilpa, and Yesenia all "accidently" disconnected my call when they couldn't explain why my order was now scheduled for the 25th.  Yikes, I don’t need customer service when dealing with ATT I need Amnesty International because these folks are torturing me!

Message 1 of 5 (767 Views)
Expert

Re: Home Phone service

Click the hyperlink in my sig for ATT Customer Care, they are an escalation team that is higher up than regular Customer Service.  Send them a PM with your info and they will reply to you via PM as well.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

Message 2 of 5 (711 Views)
Tutor

"Spoke to three ATT reps today all of whom cannot explain why my phone service didn't start as scheduled at my new address yesterday. Amazingly Ryan, Shilpa, and Yesenia all "accidently" disconnected my call when they couldn't explain why my order was now scheduled for the 25th.  Yikes, I don’t need customer service when dealing with ATT I need Amnesty International because these folks are torturing me!"

I've had the same kind of experience. I had service for seven days, now I've been without full service for 10 days during which I've spent nearly six hours on the phone with AT&T customer service, mostly on hold and occasionally being disconnected after a long wait.  Most recently, they informed me that to receive the services I was originally promised, I would need to pay them an additional $30 per month.  If my service issues aren’t being resolved tomorrow, I’ll be going back to Comcast.  In 18 years with Comcast, I had maybe 5 service interruptions, most of which were resolved within hours, none of which took more than 48 hours to fix.  Now I feel bad for feeling frustrated by those minor inconveniences.  AT&T seems to think we are paying for a daily service.  What I’m paying for is service that is there every day and anytime I need it.

Message 3 of 5 (425 Views)
Employee

New address? Porting phone number at start of new service
Possible issues included but not limited to
1) time frame...generally takes min 2-10 BUSINESS days (meaning upto 2 weeks) to port, when was request to change services started less than 2 weeks may not be enough time for all push/pull services to clear, AND that is with no problems.
2)did you cancel your old service before creating new, if so NO number to port
3) where you offered a temporary number till yours could be available, if so did you decline that offer?
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 4 of 5 (418 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

1.  We planned this move with AT&T two months ago and did it the way they said was best.  They established temporary numbers at the new location and then were supposed to port the previous numbers on a date they selected.

2.  We have not cancelled the old service.  I assume they are no longer charging me for it since they are no longer providing service there.  Of course, that may be the next surprise.

3.  As I said, we had temporary numbers as AT&T stipulated.

Message 5 of 5 (397 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.