High Pitch noise driving me crazy!

Teacher

High Pitch noise driving me crazy!

I see that I am not the only one who suffers from hearing a constant high-pitch noise coming from the U-verse box or gateway. The noise is constant when the box is on or off. I have reset the box several times but still have the noise. Any ideas for fixing it?
Message 1 of 139 (10,596 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: High Pitch Noise so what is the answer

Get better ventilation and it will stop, it's caused by too much heat. :smileywink:

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-983-2811 to avoid Mr. Voice Recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 136 of 139 (1,857 Views)
Voyager

Re: High Pitch noise driving me crazy!

I am glad to see I am not the only one having this problem, When I call they tell me everything is working properly. I just replaced my third DVR and it is doing the same thing. I am so fustrated. Why can't they fix the problem if so many people are complaining about it. Very disappointed with them at this point.

Message 137 of 139 (813 Views)
Expert

rose12030 wrote:

I am glad to see I am not the only one having this problem, When I call they tell me everything is working properly. I just replaced my third DVR and it is doing the same thing. I am so fustrated. Why can't they fix the problem if so many people are complaining about it. Very disappointed with them at this point.

Make sure your DVR is in an area with good ventilation.  It could be that it is over heating and the high pitched whine you are hearing is the cooling fan.

Message 138 of 139 (770 Views)
Contributor

most likely it the fans running to cool off components because the small cameras and microphones installed inside all dvr boxes. it was on cnn and cbs, title; big brother is watching you. google it or yourube it.

Message 139 of 139 (646 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.