Help with stuttering tv

Voyager

Help with stuttering tv

Short version, Had uverse over a year now, been flawless until a couple weeks ago, when we started getting stuttering/freezes (picture freezes for a less than a second then continues normally). Roughly correlates to when I noticed updated menus in the gateway, but that could be a coincidence.  Setup is an INiD thing outside, with the i38HG inside. Settop boxes are connected via coax, tho moving to twisted pair would be trivial (I have Cat5e throughout most of the house). Restarting the set top boxes and inid doesnt seem to change anything. No changes to cabling, power, appliances etc.

Thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

UVRealtime grabs:

Message 1 of 5
Employee

Re: Help with stuttering tv

Based on description, freezing without loss of service (blue screen with list of items to try), issue is coax related.
If happening on all tvs, more likely between inid and splitter or splitter itself, in addition to poor grounding.

Call or chat for testing (hpna), if problems seen will dispatch a tech (4 hour appointment window)

At 2500 feet and 32M per line could have been a single pair install with a 3801RG, but would not change now,
To convert down is about 5 hours, cancel current account, create new, reprovision, may lose discounts, will lose recordings as
DVR tied to old account. Tech dispatched on repair, disconnects, closes, new install ticket created, has to get assigned.

Are the retries you rebooting? As system was reset 7.25 hours previously.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5
Voyager

Don't get the blue screen most of the time, just the picture stutter.

They tried a single line when it was first installed, but they couldn't get it to work, so a diffrent tech came out a couple days later and did the inid.

Yes, I rebooted it.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Teacher

If your TV's are on coax, there's splitters that can go bad over time (given your initial tech did things correctly) , causing issues.  There is a new "iNid" system that can replace the one you have if coax isn't the problem.  NVG589. Get a tech out to correct the problem.

Message 4 of 5
Community Support

Hi poobahmax,

I apologize about the issues you are having with your TV service. One thing worth trying to see if it is possibly a coax issue is to connect your STB with Ethernet cable if possible. If that STB no longer has any issues, but the others still get a stuttering issue, it indicates there is an issue with your coax. If it still has issues, there may be a bigger problem, and I will be glad to help get that addressed. I will be sending you a private message to gather more information and so you have a direct contact for this issue.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support