Help Re-connecting our HP Photosmart C7280 to Fax

Contributor

Help Re-connecting our HP Photosmart C7280 to Fax

Hello, I need help.  We got a new RG installed a few weeks ago and the installer changed something with our HP Photosmart C7280 All-in-one printer/scanner/fax connection.  Now I can't fax anything.  At the time of install, the installer asked if I had a fax I could send to check to see if it worked, your would think that AT&T would have a line maybe dedicated to allow their service folks to check these things.  Anyway, my husband is in the hospital and can't help me, and I have already paid $80 to fax things.  I need help fixing this.  Anyone out there that can offer me a place to look for info on how to fix this.  Printer, scanner and copier all work.  I did have to reload print drivers if that makes a difference (and just searched to web for that info). 

Message 1 of 2 (279 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: Help Re-connecting our HP Photosmart C7280 to Fax

Are you trying to fax from the machine or from your desktop?  If you have a plain old telephone I would suggest that you unplug the phone cord from the fax machine and plug it into the phone and see if you get dial tone.  If you don't follow that cord to where it plugs into the wall.  Use a known good cord and plug in the phone at the wall.  See if you get dial tone.  If not, take the same phone with the known good cord and plug it into the back of the RG where it's marked Line 1 and see if you have dial tone there.  If not, then you have an issue with the RG.  If you do, trace the cord that was plugged into the back of the RG and make sue it's plugged into the wall or is leaving the area such as to the outside on a cable.

Here is a pic of the back of the RG:

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (262 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.