Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 12, 2011
3:01:52 PM
Help? Can't view recordings, or pause!
Edited by Raed1011 on Dec 12, 2011 at 3:10:45 PM

I haven't been able to do this for a while now. I can record programs, but not watch them. I also cannot fast forward, rewind, or pause.I have restarted it several times, as well as tried to tighten everything..

A simple explanation would be wonderful, as I'm a bit technologically challenged at times, and will likely have no idea what some things are...

Also, the message that appears when I try and pause it says:  Pause is not available. The DVR is currently unplugged or restarting.

I used to be able to do all of this.

I haven't been able to do this for a while now. I can record programs, but not watch them. I also cannot fast forward, rewind, or pause.I have restarted it several times, as well as tried to tighten everything..

A simple explanation would be wonderful, as I'm a bit technologically challenged at times, and will likely have no idea what some things are...

Also, the message that appears when I try and pause it says:  Pause is not available. The DVR is currently unplugged or restarting.

Help? Can't view recordings, or pause!

[ Edited ]
11 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 3:56:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
If this problem is on the DVR unit it sounds like you need to call for a replacement.

If it is on another STB you could try direct connections of cat5.
If this problem is on the DVR unit it sounds like you need to call for a replacement.

If it is on another STB you could try direct connections of cat5.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Help? Can't view recordings, or pause!

2 of 12 (16,578 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 4:02:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

In the mean time, do a hard reboot of the dvr by unplugging the ac cable for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.  After it reboots try watching a recording.

In the mean time, do a hard reboot of the dvr by unplugging the ac cable for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.  After it reboots try watching a recording.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 12 (16,579 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 5:21:13 PM
(0)
Tutor
What is an STB? And restarting/switching it out hasn`t worked.
What is an STB? And restarting/switching it out hasn`t worked.

4 of 12 (16,571 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 5:24:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Set Top Box.

Set Top Box.

5 of 12 (16,565 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 5:26:55 PM
(0)
Tutor
I wasn't kidding when I said I have no idea what any of this is. And it still doesn't work.
I wasn't kidding when I said I have no idea what any of this is. And it still doesn't work.

6 of 12 (16,562 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 5:33:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It could be that your dvr is failing.  Call tech support using the phone number in my sig and let them know what is going on with your dvr.  Ask if they will either send out a tech to check your service and possibly replace your dvr.

It could be that your dvr is failing.  Call tech support using the phone number in my sig and let them know what is going on with your dvr.  Ask if they will either send out a tech to check your service and possibly replace your dvr.

7 of 12 (16,559 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 5:41:30 PM
(0)
Tutor
Alright, thank you!
Alright, thank you!

8 of 12 (16,553 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 12, 2011 5:44:08 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Raed1011 wrote:

Just went through the same problem, and it was  the DVR.

I would call TS as RCSMG has told you and they will send you a replacement.

Raed1011 wrote:

Just went through the same problem, and it was  the DVR.

I would call TS as RCSMG has told you and they will send you a replacement.

9 of 12 (16,549 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2011 8:09:52 PM
(0)
Tutor

Before you have the DVR replaced you might ask the support agent to toggle the DVR. This will sometime restore DVR functions. Hope this message is not too late.

Before you have the DVR replaced you might ask the support agent to toggle the DVR. This will sometime restore DVR functions. Hope this message is not too late.

10 of 12 (16,464 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:25:34 AM
(0)
Contributor
My Uverse DVR got disconnected. After a power outage, I could not view recorded programs. Rebooting, unlpuging the main modem did not fix problem.
This is what the online Troubleshooter recommended:
I unplugged the wireless receiver, waited 10 seconds. I repeated this step 3 times in all. It is now working normally on all receivers.
My Uverse DVR got disconnected. After a power outage, I could not view recorded programs. Rebooting, unlpuging the main modem did not fix problem.
This is what the online Troubleshooter recommended:
I unplugged the wireless receiver, waited 10 seconds. I repeated this step 3 times in all. It is now working normally on all receivers.

11 of 12 (11,318 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 11:26:51 AM
(0)
Contributor

My Uverse DVR got disconnected. After a power outage I could not view recorded programs.  Rebooting, unlpuging  the main modem did not fix problem.

My Uverse DVR got disconnected. After a power outage I could not view recorded programs.  Rebooting, unlpuging  the main modem did not fix problem.

12 of 12 (11,318 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments