Help? Can't view recordings, or pause!

Tutor

Help? Can't view recordings, or pause!

[ Edited ]

I haven't been able to do this for a while now. I can record programs, but not watch them. I also cannot fast forward, rewind, or pause.I have restarted it several times, as well as tried to tighten everything..

A simple explanation would be wonderful, as I'm a bit technologically challenged at times, and will likely have no idea what some things are...

Also, the message that appears when I try and pause it says:  Pause is not available. The DVR is currently unplugged or restarting.

I used to be able to do all of this.

Message 1 of 12 (17,708 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Help? Can't view recordings, or pause!

If this problem is on the DVR unit it sounds like you need to call for a replacement.

If it is on another STB you could try direct connections of cat5.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 12 (17,662 Views)
Expert

In the mean time, do a hard reboot of the dvr by unplugging the ac cable for 30 seconds and then reconnect it.  After it reboots try watching a recording.

Message 3 of 12 (17,663 Views)
Tutor

What is an STB? And restarting/switching it out hasn`t worked.
Message 4 of 12 (17,655 Views)
Expert

Set Top Box.

Message 5 of 12 (17,649 Views)
Tutor

I wasn't kidding when I said I have no idea what any of this is. And it still doesn't work.
Message 6 of 12 (17,646 Views)
Expert

It could be that your dvr is failing.  Call tech support using the phone number in my sig and let them know what is going on with your dvr.  Ask if they will either send out a tech to check your service and possibly replace your dvr.

Message 7 of 12 (17,643 Views)
Tutor

Alright, thank you!
Message 8 of 12 (17,637 Views)
ACE - Guru

Raed1011 wrote:

I haven't been able to do this for a while now. I can record programs, but not watch them. I also cannot fast forward, rewind, or pause.I have restarted it several times, as well as tried to tighten everything..

A simple explanation would be wonderful, as I'm a bit technologically challenged at times, and will likely have no idea what some things are...

Also, the message that appears when I try and pause it says:  Pause is not available. The DVR is currently unplugged or restarting.

I used to be able to do all of this.

Just went through the same problem, and it was  the DVR.

I would call TS as RCSMG has told you and they will send you a replacement.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 12 (17,633 Views)
Tutor

Before you have the DVR replaced you might ask the support agent to toggle the DVR. This will sometime restore DVR functions. Hope this message is not too late.

Message 10 of 12 (17,548 Views)
Contributor

My Uverse DVR got disconnected. After a power outage, I could not view recorded programs. Rebooting, unlpuging the main modem did not fix problem.
This is what the online Troubleshooter recommended:
I unplugged the wireless receiver, waited 10 seconds. I repeated this step 3 times in all. It is now working normally on all receivers.
Message 11 of 12 (12,402 Views)
Contributor

My Uverse DVR got disconnected. After a power outage I could not view recorded programs.  Rebooting, unlpuging  the main modem did not fix problem.
I unplugged the wireless receiver, waited 10 seconds. I repeated this step 3 times in all. It is now working normally on all receivers.

Message 12 of 12 (12,402 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.