Have to reset Uverse box every time I switch on.

Contributor

Have to reset Uverse box every time I switch on.

Hi. I just last week had Uverse installed. When I switch on it always displays "no signal" on the TV screen. It doesn't seem to matter what order I switch tv / dvr on or which HDMI slot I use. I have tried resetting the remote to factory settings.
Message 1 of 6 (298 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Have to reset Uverse box every time I switch on.

stewartsc - Sounds like the HDMI is not shaking hands. Try component cable.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)
Contributor

Component cable is the same one I had been using with Apple TV with no problems. Same issue occurs with that cable and the cable supplied by the installation engineer.

Message 3 of 6 (288 Views)
ACE - Expert

stewartsc - You can try swapping with another STB,

What does it do when the TV is on & the STB is "off" displaying the "ok"screen.

What about the SD connections. Do you have the aspect set right on the STB?
If you are sure the TV menu is s?lecting the correct input you need to call for repair.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 6 (281 Views)
Contributor

Not sure about the aspect on the STB? Any guide on what that should be?

When I reboot the STB it powers up and works fine. But when either STB or tv is switched off it will not connect.

Thanks for the advice! Appreciate your time.

Message 5 of 6 (278 Views)
ACE - Expert

stewartsc - for aspect -
Menu - options - system options - TV screen resolution. should be set to match TV - 720 or 1080. HDMI will over ride setting.

S
Did you try it with the STB sleeping? If you do not see the OK screen the TV input selection must be set on the wrong input
Message 6 of 6 (272 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.