Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 9, 2013
7:05:35 PM
View profile
HORRIBLE SERVICE

I currently have AT&T U Verse service.   I called to schedule a cancellation of my services eff 12/31/13 on 12/05.  Not because of price or service but because there is already service where I am moving.  I was told by the customer service rep (Wilberto) that since where I am moving there is currently active service.  I won't be charged the $180 cancellation fee, however the call was lost while we were on the call.  I tried to call back that same day but the hold times are long, and I ha to get back to work.  So finally today after 15 minutes of prompts and holding, I finally get someone.  There were no notes of what the previous rep told me.  The new rep (Ari) in N.C., stated he couldn't honor what I was told.  Stated that was not the policy.  Now I work in customer service, so I know all calls are recorded and IF a rep tells a customer something.  IT HAS TO BE HONORED.  So I provided the reps name, the date ane time I called.  N all he could tell me was that I would still be charged.  After requesting a supervisor, that never came to the phone.  I was told by (Ari) that his supervisor Ms. Jackson would escate the call to the supervisor of (Wilberto) in his call center, and they will contact me.  I asked how long should I wait for a call back, a name of the person who will call me, a contact #.  I was not provided anything, other than there not sure.  I ended the call with Ari and told him not to process anything and I will wait for a call back, and or will follow up on Friday 12/13/13.  Now all of this took place before I got home after working for 10 hours.  When I get home my home phone and internet is now OFF!!  I know it wasn't on because of non payment bc $127.40 is not due till 2/16.  My son was unable to finish the research for his school project.   I am unable to log in and continue my training for my work from home job.  ALL A BIG INCONVENIENCE AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ON ATT PART!!!  N when I called from my cell phone to complain and find out why my service is off, there CLOSED!!  So I have to pack up the children to go to someone else house just for internet service.  N once they listen to all the calls for my account, they will see that it's there FAULT.  I will report there horrible service to the BBB!! 

I currently have AT&T U Verse service.   I called to schedule a cancellation of my services eff 12/31/13 on 12/05.  Not because of price or service but because there is already service where I am moving.  I was told by the customer service rep (Wilberto) that since where I am moving there is currently active service.  I won't be charged the $180 cancellation fee, however the call was lost while we were on the call.  I tried to call back that same day but the hold times are long, and I ha to get back to work.  So finally today after 15 minutes of prompts and holding, I finally get someone.  There were no notes of what the previous rep told me.  The new rep (Ari) in N.C., stated he couldn't honor what I was told.  Stated that was not the policy.  Now I work in customer service, so I know all calls are recorded and IF a rep tells a customer something.  IT HAS TO BE HONORED.  So I provided the reps name, the date ane time I called.  N all he could tell me was that I would still be charged.  After requesting a supervisor, that never came to the phone.  I was told by (Ari) that his supervisor Ms. Jackson would escate the call to the supervisor of (Wilberto) in his call center, and they will contact me.  I asked how long should I wait for a call back, a name of the person who will call me, a contact #.  I was not provided anything, other than there not sure.  I ended the call with Ari and told him not to process anything and I will wait for a call back, and or will follow up on Friday 12/13/13.  Now all of this took place before I got home after working for 10 hours.  When I get home my home phone and internet is now OFF!!  I know it wasn't on because of non payment bc $127.40 is not due till 2/16.  My son was unable to finish the research for his school project.   I am unable to log in and continue my training for my work from home job.  ALL A BIG INCONVENIENCE AND BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ON ATT PART!!!  N when I called from my cell phone to complain and find out why my service is off, there CLOSED!!  So I have to pack up the children to go to someone else house just for internet service.  N once they listen to all the calls for my account, they will see that it's there FAULT.  I will report there horrible service to the BBB!! 

HORRIBLE SERVICE

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 5:25:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you would like to try to resolve this issue, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

If you would like to try to resolve this issue, I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HORRIBLE SERVICE

2 of 8 (721 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 6:23:49 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, Angrylady.

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience cancelling your U-verse services.

As BeeBeeSA suggested, the best way to get this sorted out as quickly as possible would be by sending us a private message using the link provided.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with, and feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, Angrylady.

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear about your recent experience cancelling your U-verse services.

As BeeBeeSA suggested, the best way to get this sorted out as quickly as possible would be by sending us a private message using the link provided.

Please let me know if there's anything else we can help with, and feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns!

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 8 (714 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 10:08:32 AM
(0)
Employee

Angrylady wrote:

Because of you moving to an address that already has service, you actually should not have to pay the early termination fee. Even if you did, if you've had the service more than a couple months, it's not going to be the full $180 as it goes down each month that you keep the service. Interested to hear how this works out for you.

Angrylady wrote:

Because of you moving to an address that already has service, you actually should not have to pay the early termination fee. Even if you did, if you've had the service more than a couple months, it's not going to be the full $180 as it goes down each month that you keep the service. Interested to hear how this works out for you.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 8 (698 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 11, 2013 1:20:41 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I think the OP got a CSR who was either inexperienced or uncooperative.  When that happens just politely end the call, and call back until you get an experienced and/or cooperative CSR.  Or you can send a PM to AT&T Customer Care, who are an escalation team.  Either way will work.

I think the OP got a CSR who was either inexperienced or uncooperative.  When that happens just politely end the call, and call back until you get an experienced and/or cooperative CSR.  Or you can send a PM to AT&T Customer Care, who are an escalation team.  Either way will work.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 8 (657 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 15, 2014 12:01:02 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am not surprised that happened to you , my company was called 2 days ago and told we could get double the speed from Uverse (over our existing ATT DSL) for the same price with no down time for the switch. Well its been 24 hours since the switch and we are getting a third of the speed we had versus double the speed , and their answer is that they could put in an order to restore our original service within 3 to 5 days but there is no guarantee that it will be restored at all. Their fallback position is a supposed legal disclaimer that their service may or may not ever truly work. What a bunch of crap , I would recommend carrier pigeons over Uverse.

I am not surprised that happened to you , my company was called 2 days ago and told we could get double the speed from Uverse (over our existing ATT DSL) for the same price with no down time for the switch. Well its been 24 hours since the switch and we are getting a third of the speed we had versus double the speed , and their answer is that they could put in an order to restore our original service within 3 to 5 days but there is no guarantee that it will be restored at all. Their fallback position is a supposed legal disclaimer that their service may or may not ever truly work. What a bunch of crap , I would recommend carrier pigeons over Uverse.

6 of 8 (461 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 7:44:01 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

srotag36 wrote:

Srotag, if you haven't gotten a resolution to this issue, click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken the the PM page for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can hel p you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue and they will get back to you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page, as they will reply to via PM as well.

srotag36 wrote:

Srotag, if you haven't gotten a resolution to this issue, click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken the the PM page for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service, who can hel p you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and the issue and they will get back to you.  Watch the little blue envelope at the top of the forum page, as they will reply to via PM as well.

7 of 8 (438 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 7:44:04 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @srotag36 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Like suggested, if you still need help, please send us a private message and one of our Social Media Care managers will contact you directly to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Hello @srotag36 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forums. Like suggested, if you still need help, please send us a private message and one of our Social Media Care managers will contact you directly to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 8 (418 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments