HDTV; Bright House vs. Uverse

Professor

HDTV; Bright House vs. Uverse

After 15 months in the Tampa Bay area with Bright House, I am back in Michigan with Uverse. During my time in Florida, my sister bought a Seiki 1080P TV at a Kmart in Brandon, FL. With Bright House, when the TV is on a SD channel, there's a full screen picture and the people look fatter. With Uverse, the picture is smaller, but the people do not look fatter. What I like about Uverse is that to watch a HD channel, you just add 1000 TOthe sd channel. What I like about Bright House is that if you wanted to watch a channel in HD, SAY Cn. 10, you put it on Ch. 10, then press the ok button on the remote and there's an option, Watch in HD.

aS FAR AS PICTURE QUALITY, IT'S HARD TO SAY WHO WINS. I have the TV hooked up to wireless receiver, so I Don't know if that makes a difference from a wired STB. I;m not complaining, however have any of you with HDTV;s noticed a difference in pic quality in wired and wireless STB's?

Message 1 of 4 (1,199 Views)
Scholar

Re: HDTV; Bright House vs. Uverse

[ Edited ]

NorthLine Tony writes, " … With Bright House, when the TV is on a SD channel, there's a full screen picture and the people look fatter. …"

That sounds like a stretched picture of standard def. It doesn't make sense.

Message 2 of 4 (1,167 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

Ahhhh....good old Stretch-O-vision.

I agree about the channel setup.  I'd like to see ATT change the guide to group the SD/HD options together or at least give us the choice of how the guide is set up.  But the way it is now is reasonable.

I've had both wired and wireless and I actually think the picture via the wireless looks better.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (1,165 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor

The wireless might seem better in some cases. You're bypassing a wire that could be old or stomped on or who knows what.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (1,091 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.