Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 31, 2014
10:18:50 PM
View profile
HDTV; Bright House vs. Uverse

After 15 months in the Tampa Bay area with Bright House, I am back in Michigan with Uverse. During my time in Florida, my sister bought a Seiki 1080P TV at a Kmart in Brandon, FL. With Bright House, when the TV is on a SD channel, there's a full screen picture and the people look fatter. With Uverse, the picture is smaller, but the people do not look fatter. What I like about Uverse is that to watch a HD channel, you just add 1000 TOthe sd channel. What I like about Bright House is that if you wanted to watch a channel in HD, SAY Cn. 10, you put it on Ch. 10, then press the ok button on the remote and there's an option, Watch in HD.

aS FAR AS PICTURE QUALITY, IT'S HARD TO SAY WHO WINS. I have the TV hooked up to wireless receiver, so I Don't know if that makes a difference from a wired STB. I;m not complaining, however have any of you with HDTV;s noticed a difference in pic quality in wired and wireless STB's?

After 15 months in the Tampa Bay area with Bright House, I am back in Michigan with Uverse. During my time in Florida, my sister bought a Seiki 1080P TV at a Kmart in Brandon, FL. With Bright House, when the TV is on a SD channel, there's a full screen picture and the people look fatter. With Uverse, the picture is smaller, but the people do not look fatter. What I like about Uverse is that to watch a HD channel, you just add 1000 TOthe sd channel. What I like about Bright House is that if you wanted to watch a channel in HD, SAY Cn. 10, you put it on Ch. 10, then press the ok button on the remote and there's an option, Watch in HD.

aS FAR AS PICTURE QUALITY, IT'S HARD TO SAY WHO WINS. I have the TV hooked up to wireless receiver, so I Don't know if that makes a difference from a wired STB. I;m not complaining, however have any of you with HDTV;s noticed a difference in pic quality in wired and wireless STB's?

HDTV; Bright House vs. Uverse

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 4:14:23 AM
(0)
Scholar
Edited by LoveHD on Feb 1, 2014 at 4:14:45 AM

NorthLine Tony writes, " … With Bright House, when the TV is on a SD channel, there's a full screen picture and the people look fatter. …"

That sounds like a stretched picture of standard def. It doesn't make sense.

NorthLine Tony writes, " … With Bright House, when the TV is on a SD channel, there's a full screen picture and the people look fatter. …"

That sounds like a stretched picture of standard def. It doesn't make sense.

Re: HDTV; Bright House vs. Uverse

[ Edited ]
2 of 4 (1,056 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 1, 2014 4:21:42 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Feb 1, 2014 at 4:25:46 AM

Ahhhh....good old Stretch-O-vision.

I agree about the channel setup.  I'd like to see ATT change the guide to group the SD/HD options together or at least give us the choice of how the guide is set up.  But the way it is now is reasonable.

I've had both wired and wireless and I actually think the picture via the wireless looks better.

Ahhhh....good old Stretch-O-vision.

I agree about the channel setup.  I'd like to see ATT change the guide to group the SD/HD options together or at least give us the choice of how the guide is set up.  But the way it is now is reasonable.

I've had both wired and wireless and I actually think the picture via the wireless looks better.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
3 of 4 (1,054 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 7:31:50 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
The wireless might seem better in some cases. You're bypassing a wire that could be old or stomped on or who knows what.
The wireless might seem better in some cases. You're bypassing a wire that could be old or stomped on or who knows what.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 4 (980 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments