HDMI ERROR and No Sound

Contributor

HDMI ERROR and No Sound

We keep getting an HDMI error code and blue screen in the middle of watching our tv.  We also have problems with having no sound if we shut the receiver off and turn it back on.  Does any one know what may be going on?  I am ready to throw this damn receiver out the window.  Oh and our other tv and receiver is not affected at all by this!!!

Message 1 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: HDMI ERROR and No Sound

Try this: 1) Unplug the HDMI cable from the back of the U-verse receiver, 2) press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds until it starts to flash, 3) wait about 5 minutes for the receiver to boot back up, and 4) plug HDMI cable back in.  See if that solves your issue.  Sometimes the U-verse receiver and TV have handshake issues and this seems to solve it.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4
Contributor

Thank you Beebeesa.  I actually just called at&t and they were able to run a line test and found that our DVR receiver is bad and needs to be replaced.

Message 3 of 4
ACE - Master

Okay good.  Glad to hear your getting the issue corrected, but if you do have the issue again try the steps I posted or you can try them while you wait for the new one to arrive and see what happens.  That way if someone else posts the same problem we will know right away what to tell them.  Thanks!! 

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support