Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 2, 2013
3:18:08 PM
View profile
HD viewing when I don't have HD package

I am currently a u-family subscriber without the HD package, but my HD light has been showing blue on my wireless box lately. Anyone know why?

I am currently a u-family subscriber without the HD package, but my HD light has been showing blue on my wireless box lately. Anyone know why?

HD viewing when I don't have HD package

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 3:27:32 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Dec 2, 2013 at 3:29:30 PM

If you are connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable or componant cables, that's why.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

If you are connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable or componant cables, that's why.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HD viewing when I don't have HD package

[ Edited ]
2 of 5 (172 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 3:29:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The blue light will be lit regardless of what channel (HD or SD) is being watched, if you have the TV screen resolution on the U-verse receiver set to either 720p or 1081i.

The blue light will be lit regardless of what channel (HD or SD) is being watched, if you have the TV screen resolution on the U-verse receiver set to either 720p or 1081i.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (167 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 3:31:51 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Dec 2, 2013 at 3:32:44 PM

BeeBeeSA wrote:

It actually has to do with the TV screen resolution selected on the U-verse receiver and not the type of connection between the U-verse receiver and the TV.

BeeBeeSA wrote:

It actually has to do with the TV screen resolution selected on the U-verse receiver and not the type of connection between the U-verse receiver and the TV.

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (164 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 2, 2013 4:13:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
andrewmm - As BB & TG say the blue light is lit based on the interface between the TV & the STB, not on the upstream content. If you have a widescreen TV this is way you should be set up. First, as best quality connection available & second for the free previews. When there is a freepreview you can just watch channels above 1000 without needing to rewire.
andrewmm - As BB & TG say the blue light is lit based on the interface between the TV & the STB, not on the upstream content. If you have a widescreen TV this is way you should be set up. First, as best quality connection available & second for the free previews. When there is a freepreview you can just watch channels above 1000 without needing to rewire.

5 of 5 (154 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments