HD viewing when I don't have HD package

Contributor

HD viewing when I don't have HD package

I am currently a u-family subscriber without the HD package, but my HD light has been showing blue on my wireless box lately. Anyone know why?

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Master

Re: HD viewing when I don't have HD package

If you are connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable or componant cables, that's why.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Expert

The blue light will be lit regardless of what channel (HD or SD) is being watched, if you have the TV screen resolution on the U-verse receiver set to either 720p or 1081i.

Message 3 of 5
Expert

BeeBeeSA wrote:

If you are connected to the receiver with an HDMI cable or componant cables, that's why.

It actually has to do with the TV screen resolution selected on the U-verse receiver and not the type of connection between the U-verse receiver and the TV.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

andrewmm - As BB & TG say the blue light is lit based on the interface between the TV & the STB, not on the upstream content. If you have a widescreen TV this is way you should be set up. First, as best quality connection available & second for the free previews. When there is a freepreview you can just watch channels above 1000 without needing to rewire.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support