HD Primium Tier Blackouts

Contributor

HD Primium Tier Blackouts

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could shine some light on this.  I recently purchased the HD primium tier package with the hope of watching sports teams out on the west coast (I currently live in St. Louis).  

Much to my dismay, all the live sporting events are blacked out without regard to what region they're in.  Affected channels including ALL regional Comcast Sports Net channels and ALL regional Fox Sports channels.  The blackouts occur regardless of the teams playing, the time of day, and the time of week.  Basic shows that are not live sporting events are still broadcasted, so it's not a subscription issue.

I talked to AT&T support and they say its the dreaded contract issue with these providers.  I figured there would be some blackouts prior to purchasing the package, but I didn't think it would be so widespread.

Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem? I ask because I really don't see the point of holding on to the subscription when it's not providing what it said it would.  

Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 3 (742 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

Re: HD Primium Tier Blackouts

Per the rules of the professional leagues (MLB, NHL, NBA, MLS, etc), games broadcast on the regional sports networks (RSN's) are blacked out in markets that are outside of a team's home territory.  The only way to receive these out of market games would be to purchase the out of market sports packages (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, MLS Direct Kick, etc.).  U-verse does off NBA League Pass.  You cannot pay $10/month for the HD Premium Tier and get all of the out of market professional games.

Message 2 of 3 (733 Views)

Re: HD Primium Tier Blackouts

Put your zip code here and it will let you know which professional teams you can watch.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 3 (682 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.