Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 31, 2013
4:22:33 PM
View profile
HD Issues

I have searched for help with this issue and haven't found anyone with my exact issue. I have had an issue with HD channels for well over a year now. When any show is recorded in HD, the playback freezes and is choppy about every 10-15 seconds. If I am watching live TV in an HD channel, I cannot pause the feed or else it wil start to freeze and become choppy. I didn't have this issue at my previous residence. None of my friends or family with Uverse has ever experienced this issue either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Daun

I have searched for help with this issue and haven't found anyone with my exact issue. I have had an issue with HD channels for well over a year now. When any show is recorded in HD, the playback freezes and is choppy about every 10-15 seconds. If I am watching live TV in an HD channel, I cannot pause the feed or else it wil start to freeze and become choppy. I didn't have this issue at my previous residence. None of my friends or family with Uverse has ever experienced this issue either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You,

Daun

HD Issues

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 5:05:59 PM
(0)
Guru

What market are you in? What brand d.v.r.? i.e. Motorola vip1225/2250 or Cisco.

Did you try doing a full system reboot at the gateway?, not just the box?

Did you call att tech support or have a tech come out?

What market are you in? What brand d.v.r.? i.e. Motorola vip1225/2250 or Cisco.

Did you try doing a full system reboot at the gateway?, not just the box?

Did you call att tech support or have a tech come out?

Re: HD Issues

2 of 6 (405 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 5:11:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

I am in Dallas/Ft. Worth and have a 1225. Definitely tried all rebooting possibilities and haven't actually spoken to customer service. Each time I would have the chance there would be a long hold time and I would have to hang up to continue on with my daily activities. I decided to post here just in case anyone else had had the issue and knew what needed to be done. 

I am in Dallas/Ft. Worth and have a 1225. Definitely tried all rebooting possibilities and haven't actually spoken to customer service. Each time I would have the chance there would be a long hold time and I would have to hang up to continue on with my daily activities. I decided to post here just in case anyone else had had the issue and knew what needed to be done. 

3 of 6 (404 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 5:12:44 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Aug 31, 2013 at 5:15:23 PM

daunh - So, you do not have any issues with live TV?? & you watched a show live while it was recording & the problem is only on the recording??

Kind of odd, because, even live goes through the DVR. Could be a bad DVR.

What do your TV connections look like? - Cat5 or COAX or mix? I am thinking that the DVR is connected to the RG COAX. Could be a loose connection.

I would try the DVR connected to the RG cat5. If it is a problem call for a replacement DVR. Replacing loses recordings.

One other, far out possiblity - If the connection to the TV is HDMI, try component cables.

daunh - So, you do not have any issues with live TV?? & you watched a show live while it was recording & the problem is only on the recording??

Kind of odd, because, even live goes through the DVR. Could be a bad DVR.

What do your TV connections look like? - Cat5 or COAX or mix? I am thinking that the DVR is connected to the RG COAX. Could be a loose connection.

I would try the DVR connected to the RG cat5. If it is a problem call for a replacement DVR. Replacing loses recordings.

One other, far out possiblity - If the connection to the TV is HDMI, try component cables.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 6 (402 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 5:12:50 PM
(0)
Expert
Sounds like a possible bad DVR.

Try the reboots of the DVR and gateway, if that doesn't work, please call technical support, describe the problem, and ask for a DVR replacement.
Sounds like a possible bad DVR.

Try the reboots of the DVR and gateway, if that doesn't work, please call technical support, describe the problem, and ask for a DVR replacement.

5 of 6 (402 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 31, 2013 5:44:58 PM
(0)
Guru

I agree. A bad d.v.r. Request a tech to come out and request a VIP2250 to be on the truck. Be insistant of this. Trust me. All your problems will be no longer. Good luck. 

I agree. A bad d.v.r. Request a tech to come out and request a VIP2250 to be on the truck. Be insistant of this. Trust me. All your problems will be no longer. Good luck. 

6 of 6 (375 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments