Ask a question

Highlighted
Posted Mar 26, 2014
7:01:32 AM
HBO Go APP not working
Edited by Rudboy66 on Mar 26, 2014 at 7:04:59 AM

I can't log into the HBO Go app on my Android phone and here is the problem.  I have already signed up for my HBO go account.  I can access the account on my PC using the web browser.  My account is active and authorized to view the content.

When I open the HBO Go app on my Galaxy S4 I have the option to "Sign in as existing user".  I click on that button and a drop down list is showing that lists all the different providers.  I use the drop down list and chooose ATT Uverse, as soon as I choose Uverse as the provider for about one second I see the User Name and Password input boxes show up...but then faster than I can click on the box a black screen pops up saying....

"HBO GO login is temporarily not available on this device.  Please try again later.  We apologize for the inconvenience"

Just for fun I tried choosing a few different providers other than Uverse..when I do this I don't see the message pop up...of course that is no help because I don't have account with another provider.  This tells me it is an ATT/Uverse issue.

This happens on both the Max GO and HBO Go apps, and it has been happening for days so it's not temporary.  Doing a google search it seems to be a very common issue.  The problem is I haven't seen a response from anyone from ATT or HBO to address the issue yet in my searching.

Okay so I know the problem is not any of the following: 

• It isn't a connection isssue on my end, it's not a wifi issue because it is the same story using either wifi or 4gLTE. I have a very strong and fast connection on both my wifi and 4gLTE.

• It's not an account verification issue because I can't even get as far as the log in screen because the message I listed above pops up before I can even try to log in....and also HBO Go works on my PC using my credentials.

• I've already uninstalled/re-installed the app several times so that isn't going to fix the problem.  I've cleared the cache and cleared the data on the app as well....no fix.

• Also, all apps are running the latest version...no updates are available.

So what I am hoping for here is a response from ATT to help fix the problem, it seems to be pretty common but I can't seem to find a fix...and calling customer service is an excercise in futility as the agents on the phone don't seem to be able to help with anything other than billing or account issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

HBO Go APP not working

[ Edited ]
12 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 1:24:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
I am having the same problem. I can login on the web, but using the Android app U Verse is the ONLY provider giving the error message.

If you look in the play store, there are numerous users with the same issue.

Re: HBO Go APP not working

2 of 13 (1,294 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 1:53:26 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

It may be as simple as AT&T does not have the rights for its subscribers to view content on an Android Phone (iPhones may, or may not, have the same issue).

How long ago did AT&T last negotiate with HBO?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 13 (1,283 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 26, 2014 5:33:56 PM
(0)
Tutor
I was using HBO Go on my Android 2 weeks ago. Also, they don't negotiate on a phone operating system basis. HBO Go is included in your HBO subscription regardless of provider. This is a UVerse issue only.

4 of 13 (1,265 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:09:14 AM
(0)
Tutor

Still no response on this thread from anyone from AT&T?  I'd love to hear from you!

5 of 13 (1,212 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 1:06:13 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by ktut on Mar 27, 2014 at 1:08:07 PM

I'm having the same problem. ATT has acknowledged a problem and is working with HBO and Max GO to fix it.

In the meantime, if you have the U-verse app for android, you can log into it and watch HBO on demand there. It seemed like a lot of the old shows were on there.

[ Edited ]
6 of 13 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:24:17 PM
(0)
Tutor
Where can that acknowledgement be seen/found? I use HBO Go with my Chromecast daily, can't do that with u verse app.

7 of 13 (1,147 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:44:45 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

ktut wrote:

I'm having the same problem. ATT has acknowledged a problem and is working with HBO and Max GO to fix it.

In the meantime, if you have the U-verse app for android, you can log into it and watch HBO on demand there. It seemed like a lot of the old shows were on there.

Where did you find ATT has acknowledged there is a problem you have a link or something?

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

8 of 13 (1,127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 27, 2014 6:48:33 PM
(0)
Contributor

are you still having issue?

9 of 13 (1,124 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 5:49:46 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by Rudboy66 on Mar 28, 2014 at 5:50:54 AM

I'm a little unhappy with zero response from AT&T on this thread, but . . .actually the HBO Go app miraculously works this morning.  There must have been some kind of fix because I haven't changed anything as far as my attempts to log on.  At any rate, for now this is fixed for me.  Smiley Happy

[ Edited ]
10 of 13 (1,097 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 11:12:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

this forum is run by ATT Uverse customers. If you need more help than you see here contact  Customer Care

Rudboy66 wrote:

I'm a little unhappy with zero response from AT&T on this thread, but . . .actually the HBO Go app miraculously works this morning.  There must have been some kind of fix because I haven't changed anything as far as my attempts to log on.  At any rate, for now this is fixed for me.  Smiley Happy

Im not Smart! The Voices in my Head are!!

11 of 13 (1,074 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2014 1:10:05 PM
(0)
Mentor
Edited by ktut on Mar 28, 2014 at 1:10:43 PM

I reported it in a private message on this forum. They replied there was a problem. As of last night, mine is working.

[ Edited ]
12 of 13 (1,060 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2014 8:21:47 PM
(0)
Tutor
Mine works as of today as well

13 of 13 (1,007 Views)