Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 14, 2013
3:59:09 PM
HBO/Cinemax Confusion

I'm going to guess sometime in September I was offered 3 free months of HBO. I took advantage of it.

Sometime in late November, I contacted U-Verse via the chat, and the person said he would be able to extend the promotion an extra 3 months, so it would expire in March instead of December.

I was paying $108 a month. U-300 package.

Now all the sudden magically my current bill is $140. I contacted the chat. They had no idea what I was talking about in regards to extending it for 3 months.

So they put me on a promotion for the U-450 until March and now I have to pay $114 a month until this next promotion expires. What's next, if I go back to the U-300 before the promotion expires they'll charge some hidden package change fee?

What is the problem here? Why can't I just get a promotion without someone lying to me and playing with my finances? I can't afford $140 a month. What do you think we're all rich or something? 

Someone please help. 

I'm going to guess sometime in September I was offered 3 free months of HBO. I took advantage of it.

Sometime in late November, I contacted U-Verse via the chat, and the person said he would be able to extend the promotion an extra 3 months, so it would expire in March instead of December.

I was paying $108 a month. U-300 package.

Now all the sudden magically my current bill is $140. I contacted the chat. They had no idea what I was talking about in regards to extending it for 3 months.

So they put me on a promotion for the U-450 until March and now I have to pay $114 a month until this next promotion expires. What's next, if I go back to the U-300 before the promotion expires they'll charge some hidden package change fee?

What is the problem here? Why can't I just get a promotion without someone lying to me and playing with my finances? I can't afford $140 a month. What do you think we're all rich or something? 

Someone please help. 

HBO/Cinemax Confusion

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 8:52:52 AM
(0)
Employee

I'm certainly sorry about the confusion. Unfortunately the HBO and Cinemax promotion cannot be extended for free once the initial 3 month free trial expires. What can be done is that we can have you keep both channels and then discount the rate, which is normally $26 a month, for the next 3 months.

I'm certainly sorry about the confusion. Unfortunately the HBO and Cinemax promotion cannot be extended for free once the initial 3 month free trial expires. What can be done is that we can have you keep both channels and then discount the rate, which is normally $26 a month, for the next 3 months.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HBO/Cinemax Confusion

2 of 3 (290 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 15, 2013 10:30:24 PM
(0)
Employee
Promotion is just that a promotion, not regular service, the HBO for 3 free months is to try service, if wish to continue then subscribe to service (i believe $26 a month, did not verify).
If do nothing (do not cancel within 90 days) then automatically added to your package.

No extensions.

the u450 includes all movie packages, when term is up, contact RETENTIONS, to sign up for another year of u450 or drop to u300 or u200 and add HBO for then available rate if desired. Rates increase end of January so best to lock in your package long term now, rates will be higher in March 2014.

For your question about cancelling promotion before expiration, your service will be moved to normal month to month pricing instead of discount promotion price

FYI, the normal price difference from u300 ($89) and u450 ($121) is $32 per month, you were upgrade for a price difference of $6 per month.... I would try to lock that in for a year instead of expiring end of March.
Promotion is just that a promotion, not regular service, the HBO for 3 free months is to try service, if wish to continue then subscribe to service (i believe $26 a month, did not verify).
If do nothing (do not cancel within 90 days) then automatically added to your package.

No extensions.

the u450 includes all movie packages, when term is up, contact RETENTIONS, to sign up for another year of u450 or drop to u300 or u200 and add HBO for then available rate if desired. Rates increase end of January so best to lock in your package long term now, rates will be higher in March 2014.

For your question about cancelling promotion before expiration, your service will be moved to normal month to month pricing instead of discount promotion price

FYI, the normal price difference from u300 ($89) and u450 ($121) is $32 per month, you were upgrade for a price difference of $6 per month.... I would try to lock that in for a year instead of expiring end of March.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: HBO/Cinemax Confusion

3 of 3 (265 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments