Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 13, 2013
7:16:00 AM
View profile
Guide times are different from actual start times

I live on the west coast, so PST.  When I search fro a program it may say that the next start time is 8 pm, when the program actually started at 6 pm and I have already missed it.  It's hard to program future recordings when I can't see the actual start times.  Is there something in set-up where I can designate my time zone?

I live on the west coast, so PST.  When I search fro a program it may say that the next start time is 8 pm, when the program actually started at 6 pm and I have already missed it.  It's hard to program future recordings when I can't see the actual start times.  Is there something in set-up where I can designate my time zone?

Guide times are different from actual start times

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 7:36:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by texasguy37 on Oct 13, 2013 at 7:49:37 AM

Actually, it's not the Guide times that are incorrect.  It's the times that you see displayed in the search results that are incorrect.  The times you see when you view the Guide are correct.  It is a known issues that is being addressed.  See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Info-button-giving-me-incorrect-more-showtimes/m-p/3534...

Actually, it's not the Guide times that are incorrect.  It's the times that you see displayed in the search results that are incorrect.  The times you see when you view the Guide are correct.  It is a known issues that is being addressed.  See the thread below:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Info-button-giving-me-incorrect-more-showtimes/m-p/3534391#M105258

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Guide times are different from actual start times

[ Edited ]
2 of 7 (720 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 13, 2013 9:39:54 AM
(0)
Scholar

Actually the search the search is messed up in another way.  I noticed it a few months ago  Now when you look up a program, example Bones, you get 5 or 6 sometimes 10 selections on the first screen.  Then you pick one and the next screen will tell you it's not what you want.  When I search for Bones I just want to get one selection on the first page, after selecting that the 2nd page should tell me whether it's HD, On Demand or TV series.  They are not saving a step by putting all of that on the first screen because if you select from the 2nd page result is usually wrong.

Whatever they did on the last release that "upgraded" the search needs to be deleted and restored to the old search we used to have.  I found nothing wrong with the old one.

Letting off steam.

Actually the search the search is messed up in another way.  I noticed it a few months ago  Now when you look up a program, example Bones, you get 5 or 6 sometimes 10 selections on the first screen.  Then you pick one and the next screen will tell you it's not what you want.  When I search for Bones I just want to get one selection on the first page, after selecting that the 2nd page should tell me whether it's HD, On Demand or TV series.  They are not saving a step by putting all of that on the first screen because if you select from the 2nd page result is usually wrong.

Whatever they did on the last release that "upgraded" the search needs to be deleted and restored to the old search we used to have.  I found nothing wrong with the old one.

Letting off steam.

3 of 7 (702 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 14, 2013 12:00:07 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Linda661 wrote:

Letting off steam.

It does you tell you if it's HD,look at the channel # at the bottom as you scroll down.  It'll list the SD channel then the HD channel, usually in a row, even if you've hidden the SD channels.  Then choose the one on the HD channel. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Linda661 wrote:

Letting off steam.

It does you tell you if it's HD,look at the channel # at the bottom as you scroll down.  It'll list the SD channel then the HD channel, usually in a row, even if you've hidden the SD channels.  Then choose the one on the HD channel. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 7 (649 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 8, 2013 5:12:43 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have to agree with Linda661, the search results are terrible and to see a listing of maybe 5 of the same selections, it is daunting at times. There needs to be a option setting to only view HD and HD only in your time zone.

I have to agree with Linda661, the search results are terrible and to see a listing of maybe 5 of the same selections, it is daunting at times. There needs to be a option setting to only view HD and HD only in your time zone.

5 of 7 (482 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 5, 2014 9:03:05 AM
(0)
Teacher

It’s been over 11 month now and no solution from AT&T. I believe they could care less. But raising the price for service is no problem.

It’s been over 11 month now and no solution from AT&T. I believe they could care less. But raising the price for service is no problem.

6 of 7 (288 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 8, 2014 7:13:59 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor
First, bad grammar... *wink*

AT&T is claiming to have a fix...we'll see there.
First, bad grammar... *wink*

AT&T is claiming to have a fix...we'll see there.

7 of 7 (258 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments