Guide menu too large for Emerson TV screen

Guide menu too large for Emerson TV screen

I have an Emerson TV (HD) and the UVerse Guide is too large for the screen. I've tried resolving this issue with several AT&T Reps and still no solid answer. I was told I needed a new remote control. They are mailing that out to me soon. In the meantime, my HDMI cable is setup properly and so are my settings. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? 

Message 1 of 8 (4,658 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: Guide menu too large for Emerson TV screen

I would guess that the problem is that your Emerson TV has a zoom feature and that it is engaged.  Get your Emerson remote out and see if there's a zoom button or something like that.  Unless it ONLY affects the guide, and not the TV shows.

The U-verse Reciever has a ZOOM feature, but it doesn't affect the guide.  Sometimes the guide just jumps into a zoom position (like you describe), but this goes away if you close the guide and reopen it.  (And even that might not happen on the nwe firmware; haven't seen it yet, but we've only had it two days).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8 (4,656 Views)
Employee

Just some quick questions any other connections from set top box to TV, coax? VCR (red/white/yellow)?

Honestly sounds as if TV is set to TV or AV input source and set top box set to HD 720p or 1080i
If this is true set TV to HDMI 1, 2, or 3 depending on where cable is connected.

If only one cable (HDMI), then I agree with JefferMC that you TV screen is set to something such as wide format.
A new remote will not solve the issue if you can access the proper screens.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 8 (4,646 Views)
ACE - Expert

bakerlargo - Please post the model number of your Emerson TV so we can look up the user guide to see what aspect settings it might have. You could try pulling the power plug to see if it rests to default when power is restored. You could also try the same thing for the U-verse box.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8 (4,601 Views)

Thank you so much for your response. The enlarged AT&T Uverse only affects the Guide and nothing else.
Message 5 of 8 (4,550 Views)

Thank you so much for your response. I double checked and the TV itself is set to HDMI and the HDMI cable is properly in place. This is really strange as it only affects the AT&T Uverse Guide and nothing else. This is really unbelievable!
Message 6 of 8 (4,550 Views)

Hello! I found the following information:

Contrast Ratio: 2500:1
Remote Included: Yes
Resolution: 1080p (HDTV)
Tv Definition: HDTV
Tv Technology: LCD
Primary Color: Black
Multi Pack Indicator: No
Battery Type: Other
Model No.: LC401EM2F
Shipping Weight (in pounds): 45.42
Product in Inches (L x W x H): 10.1 x 39.2 x 27.2

Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.......Thank You!
Message 7 of 8 (4,548 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Here is a setting on your TV that could cause your problem (it does in my TV) - Format. The manual says each press of the format button changes format -
Press FORMAT repeatedly to switch the TV aspect ratio.

You want it set to Normal. It is probably set to zoom.

The manual is located here - http://www.emersonaudiovideo.com/support/download_tv.php?id=31

Format is on page 13 of 33.

Let me know how you make out
Message 8 of 8 (4,532 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.