Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 12, 2013
7:35:37 AM
View profile
Green Light on LAN port still shows up when nothing connected

I have a port (Port 2) on the Residential Gateway that stays lit up in green, even when nothing is plugged into it.  On its own, that wouldn't be a problem, but I've noticed that the only thing I still use LAN internet for anymore (internet to my satelite tv receiver) isn't connecting.  

I also tried to just plug in a laptop via ethernet to the router, and wasn't able to get the internet going.  

I've tried using the factory reset options, and lots of other reset options on the browser. Is there something that has my ports hung up..if so, how can I really totally clear this mess up?

I have a port (Port 2) on the Residential Gateway that stays lit up in green, even when nothing is plugged into it.  On its own, that wouldn't be a problem, but I've noticed that the only thing I still use LAN internet for anymore (internet to my satelite tv receiver) isn't connecting.  

I also tried to just plug in a laptop via ethernet to the router, and wasn't able to get the internet going.  

I've tried using the factory reset options, and lots of other reset options on the browser. Is there something that has my ports hung up..if so, how can I really totally clear this mess up?

Green Light on LAN port still shows up when nothing connected

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 12, 2013 7:42:23 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
munnlete - Since you are having trouble with the RG. call in to report it & let them test remotely & they will probably send you a new RG.
munnlete - Since you are having trouble with the RG. call in to report it & let them test remotely & they will probably send you a new RG.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Green Light on LAN port still shows up when nothing connected

2 of 2 (224 Views)