Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 7, 2014
5:25:56 PM
Got upgraded internet.. then ATT cancelled it Now ATT have cancelled my Landline..

The most riduculous sequence of events I've ever had to deal with...

I upgraded to ATT U-verse from ATT DSL. Instal was fine.. then a few weeks later I have no internet.. eventually get hold of ATT customer service.. get disconnected 3 times.. 2 days later.. get to talk to someone in US who tells me a new account was created when I went from DSL to U-verse (person who set up my u-verse told me my bill would be taken from my bank account as normal, combined bill, all 3 services), and I'm still being charged for DSL (and U-Verse). They say they have sorted the thing out, they switch my internet back on and go back to 1 account for my Landline / cell / Internet. Roll on another few weeks I get my landline cut off, not only that but they are giving out my cell number (which I take great pains to keep private) on a recording to whoever calls my now disconnected landline. Great ! Good Work ATT.. give out my private phone number! Tried all day today to get thru to someone on the 800 288 2020 numver that goes to India and instantly drops 5 seconds into the call, requiring another 45min wait so exactly the same thing can happen 4 times.. then it's out of business hours!

So I pay my bill by direct deposit every month automatically without fail. I've been paying for two internet services, and now my landine which has been paid for on time with everything else is disconnected and giving out my personal information!

Is there anyway to contact ATT (Not using the 800 288 2020 number which is worthless)? 

Worst service set-up I have ever encountered! I just want what I'm paying for.. but apparently that's too much to ask! 

The most riduculous sequence of events I've ever had to deal with...

I upgraded to ATT U-verse from ATT DSL. Instal was fine.. then a few weeks later I have no internet.. eventually get hold of ATT customer service.. get disconnected 3 times.. 2 days later.. get to talk to someone in US who tells me a new account was created when I went from DSL to U-verse (person who set up my u-verse told me my bill would be taken from my bank account as normal, combined bill, all 3 services), and I'm still being charged for DSL (and U-Verse). They say they have sorted the thing out, they switch my internet back on and go back to 1 account for my Landline / cell / Internet. Roll on another few weeks I get my landline cut off, not only that but they are giving out my cell number (which I take great pains to keep private) on a recording to whoever calls my now disconnected landline. Great ! Good Work ATT.. give out my private phone number! Tried all day today to get thru to someone on the 800 288 2020 numver that goes to India and instantly drops 5 seconds into the call, requiring another 45min wait so exactly the same thing can happen 4 times.. then it's out of business hours!

So I pay my bill by direct deposit every month automatically without fail. I've been paying for two internet services, and now my landine which has been paid for on time with everything else is disconnected and giving out my personal information!

Is there anyway to contact ATT (Not using the 800 288 2020 number which is worthless)? 

Worst service set-up I have ever encountered! I just want what I'm paying for.. but apparently that's too much to ask! 

Got upgraded internet.. then ATT cancelled it Now ATT have cancelled my Landline..

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 7, 2014 5:43:35 PM
(0)
Guru
Edited by julywashere on Mar 7, 2014 at 5:45:49 PM

Hello Steward,
In order to better resolve your situation, I advise you to send a PM with a description of your problem, your phone number, and the best time to contact you in a private message to ATTCustomerCare. They will get in touch with you within 1-2 business days.

Hello Steward,
In order to better resolve your situation, I advise you to send a PM with a description of your problem, your phone number, and the best time to contact you in a private message to ATTCustomerCare. They will get in touch with you within 1-2 business days.

Re: Got upgraded internet.. then ATT cancelled it Now ATT have cancelled my Landline..

[ Edited ]
2 of 6 (517 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 19, 2014 9:41:38 PM
(0)
Tutor

Ok so after 7hrs 47mins on the phone (waiting mostly) last week, I finally get thru to someone in US, 4 dropped calls to India resulting in 4 hrs of completely wasted time.

They can see my problem (it was on there end.. go figure) Everything is fixed they say!

Still I have no landline.. but now I'm getting calls saying my account ( I actually have no idea which one because apparently I have 3 now, one for each of my services because having a combined bill like I had for 6 years is now way too complicated for ATT). Is overdue (the $$ left my account a week ago). So, now I'm overdue on an account that I have no idea about, my phone is still disconnected and yes I've paid in full (for at least 2 accounts.. I think!).

I'm guessing I wake up tomorrow on my day off, spend most of the day getting cut off by an Indian, I still won't have my landline and ATT get to keep my money for services they aren't providing! 

Do you think my best course of action would be to leave my landline disconnected, go over to cable for phone / internet and switch cell carriers? This seems to be my best option rather than waste days trying to fix ATT's mess. It doesn't even seem worthwhile to call and tell them.. just another wasted day.

Is ATT a business or just an odd practical joke that most of us don't really understand?

Ok so after 7hrs 47mins on the phone (waiting mostly) last week, I finally get thru to someone in US, 4 dropped calls to India resulting in 4 hrs of completely wasted time.

They can see my problem (it was on there end.. go figure) Everything is fixed they say!

Still I have no landline.. but now I'm getting calls saying my account ( I actually have no idea which one because apparently I have 3 now, one for each of my services because having a combined bill like I had for 6 years is now way too complicated for ATT). Is overdue (the $$ left my account a week ago). So, now I'm overdue on an account that I have no idea about, my phone is still disconnected and yes I've paid in full (for at least 2 accounts.. I think!).

I'm guessing I wake up tomorrow on my day off, spend most of the day getting cut off by an Indian, I still won't have my landline and ATT get to keep my money for services they aren't providing! 

Do you think my best course of action would be to leave my landline disconnected, go over to cable for phone / internet and switch cell carriers? This seems to be my best option rather than waste days trying to fix ATT's mess. It doesn't even seem worthwhile to call and tell them.. just another wasted day.

Is ATT a business or just an odd practical joke that most of us don't really understand?

Re: Got upgraded internet.. then ATT cancelled it Now ATT have cancelled my Landline..

3 of 6 (348 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 11:05:55 AM
(0)
Tutor

So, so far spent the whole morning on the phone, US billing dept have told me 4 different things but can't help me because I need to speak to customer services, customer services (india)can't even begin to help me, two of them instantly try and send my call to "Technical Services" because my landline doesn't work, the last and most frustrating guy transfered me even after being told 5 times it wasn't a "technical" issue.. he just talked over the top of me then the whole time then transfered me..

One, actually helpful, billing guy in the US told me I needed to speak to a "Billing account manager" because only they will have access to all (yes I now have several) accounts, and only a manager can do that.. However, you ask to speak to amanger at customer service and they instantly cut you off.. How is this even considered a "working system" the people in India just cut you off as soon as start explaining your problem, presumably India only wants customers that call to say Hi?

I am being very polite with these people, I know shouting at call centres gets you no-where, it's so frustrating to calmly explain your issue only to get the disconnected tone when you finish because they only want easy customers...

Unbeliveably rediculous, I just want the services I'm paying for.... why is that so difficult?

Worst system ever invented! ATT should be ashamed of this "service"

So, so far spent the whole morning on the phone, US billing dept have told me 4 different things but can't help me because I need to speak to customer services, customer services (india)can't even begin to help me, two of them instantly try and send my call to "Technical Services" because my landline doesn't work, the last and most frustrating guy transfered me even after being told 5 times it wasn't a "technical" issue.. he just talked over the top of me then the whole time then transfered me..

One, actually helpful, billing guy in the US told me I needed to speak to a "Billing account manager" because only they will have access to all (yes I now have several) accounts, and only a manager can do that.. However, you ask to speak to amanger at customer service and they instantly cut you off.. How is this even considered a "working system" the people in India just cut you off as soon as start explaining your problem, presumably India only wants customers that call to say Hi?

I am being very polite with these people, I know shouting at call centres gets you no-where, it's so frustrating to calmly explain your issue only to get the disconnected tone when you finish because they only want easy customers...

Unbeliveably rediculous, I just want the services I'm paying for.... why is that so difficult?

Worst system ever invented! ATT should be ashamed of this "service"

4 of 6 (305 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 11:07:06 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, stewart6111!

Have you had a chance to use the link provided by julywashere to send us a private message? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so we can look into this for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, stewart6111!

Have you had a chance to use the link provided by julywashere to send us a private message? If not, I strongly encourage you to do so as soon as possible so we can look into this for you.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. Keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen for a response.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (303 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 20, 2014 11:23:12 AM
(0)
Tutor

PM sent today with all the requested info.. 

PM sent today with all the requested info.. 

6 of 6 (298 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments