Goodbye U-verse...

Tutor

Goodbye U-verse...

We are officially NON AT&T U-Verse customers as of this afternoon.

Seven technician visits to our house since November.
Three replaced DVR's.
80+ hours of recorded content gone.
30+ hours with tech support over internet issues.

All I was going to do when I went to the store was to cancel the TV portion of the service. Then they told me I would have to pay a $180 early termination fee, just for cancelling the TV portion (which was $16/month, on a one-year contract)

BZZZZTTT. Cancelled entire service. TV, internet, phone line. Good luck getting the early termination fee out of me.

Hotspot is clicking right along....I shall not be denied internet. Now if I only lived a little bit closer to Panera....

Hopefully none of you think this proposed purchase of Time Warner by Comcast is a good idea. In our area, we will be limited to Comcast and AT&T for internet.

Message 1 of 3 (361 Views)

Re: Goodbye U-verse...

starion wrote:

We are officially NON AT&T U-Verse customers as of this afternoon.

Seven technician visits to our house since November.
Three replaced DVR's.
80+ hours of recorded content gone.
30+ hours with tech support over internet issues.

All I was going to do when I went to the store was to cancel the TV portion of the service. Then they told me I would have to pay a $180 early termination fee, just for cancelling the TV portion (which was $16/month, on a one-year contract)

BZZZZTTT. Cancelled entire service. TV, internet, phone line. Good luck getting the early termination fee out of me.

Hotspot is clicking right along....I shall not be denied internet. Now if I only lived a little bit closer to Panera....

Hopefully none of you think this proposed purchase of Time Warner by Comcast is a good idea. In our area, we will be limited to Comcast and AT&T for internet.

Good luck with that credit score.  If you are / were under contract, you cancel early, don't pay, guess what, it's off to collections for you.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)
Highlighted
Tutor

Re: Goodbye U-verse...

[ Edited ]

Bring it on.    For $180.

And when their "collection agency" breaks the rules by making illegal threats to me on my recorded phone line and calling at all hours of the day, they'll wind up in court as well.

Done it before.  Successful every time.  I'm not feeling bad at all.  Oh, and by the way...the credit report gets fixed in the process.  I usually profit in the process as well.

[Per Guidelines:  Keep it Relevant and Appropriate].

Message 3 of 3 (263 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.