Helpful Links

Good VDSL Line Statistics?

Guru

Good VDSL Line Statistics?

I would like to know a series of good VDSL line statistics. I'm talking about things like Line Attenuation and Output Power. I already have decent specifications for SNR so I don't need that.

The reason I'm asking for this is that I'm developing a program in .NET that's similar to the UV Realtime program.  The purpose of the program would be to point out possible line issues based upon the numbers that the Motorola NVG589 provides.

As many of you know, we don't have UV Realtime for the NVG589 yet.  I want to help out in making a possible solution.  I know that we don't have a bitloading graph on the NVG589 but you can still tell if a line is good or not based upon the line statistics.

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: Good VDSL Line Statistics?

Why don't you PM SomeJoe7777 and ask if he's already working on something so you don't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak?  That way all of it is in UVRT so there is one program for all instead of two different ones.  Just sayin......

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Guru

I'll try and get a hold of him but last time I checked, SomeJoe7777 said something about his job or something along that line taking up a lot of his personal time thus not leaving much time for developing the program to expand support.

Message 3 of 7
ACE - Master

Oh, okay......

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Guru

I could easily send my program that I've written so far to the Recycle Bin, it doesn't matter to me.  I haven't written a lot of code, just the parsing code needed to parse the HTML code.  Heck, I could give the Regular Expression parsing code to him if he wanted it and he could continue from there.

Message 5 of 7
ACE - Master

Smiley Very HappyI wasn't meaning to attempt to stop you from doing your own thing, but thought if SJ was already knee deep into something with UVRT, I didn't want you to waste your efforts.  I would be interested to see what you come up with since you said SJ's busy with work.  I did not see that post, but I know now!!     

Message 6 of 7
Employee

http://www.internode.on.net/residential/adsl_broadband/easy_broadband/performance/

While for adsl2+ the bottom of graph has numbers for expected line attenuation over distance. Should be close for a starting point.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support