Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 24, 2013
11:04:11 AM
GoPhone Mystery charges texts from 781-088-58

I got a text this morning from 781-088-58 stating:

The last transaction cost $0.20.  Your account balance is $XX.XX To refill your account go to www.att.com/myGoPhone

I have not used my phone today (my phone was last used at 3:42 yesterday afternoon), what am I being charged for?  This is not the first time I've randomly received this text from this number.

I got a text this morning from 781-088-58 stating:

The last transaction cost $0.20.  Your account balance is $XX.XX To refill your account go to www.att.com/myGoPhone

I have not used my phone today (my phone was last used at 3:42 yesterday afternoon), what am I being charged for?  This is not the first time I've randomly received this text from this number.

GoPhone Mystery charges texts from 781-088-58

8 replies
(5) Me too
(5) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 25, 2013 12:48:29 PM
(0)
Employee

Hey there TracyinAZ!  Just curious, did you set up auto refill for your GoPhone account?

Please click ATTCustomerCare and send a message providing your name, email address, contact number and a good time for you to be reached on that contact number.  Please also provide your account number.

Provide the details of your concern (charges when phone is not in use) so that they can research everything prior to contacting you.  You will hear directly back from a manager within 48 hours of receipt of your message.

~Delia

Rethink Possible

For account specific help, please send a private message to ATTCustomerCare

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Hey there TracyinAZ!  Just curious, did you set up auto refill for your GoPhone account?

Please click ATTCustomerCare and send a message providing your name, email address, contact number and a good time for you to be reached on that contact number.  Please also provide your account number.

Provide the details of your concern (charges when phone is not in use) so that they can research everything prior to contacting you.  You will hear directly back from a manager within 48 hours of receipt of your message.

~Delia

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: GoPhone Mystery charges texts from 781-088-58

2 of 9 (1,757 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 4, 2013 8:06:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

No, auto refill is not something I've enabled.  This actually happens anytime I touch the 'messaging' icon (not sending or receiving a message, mind you-simply touching the messaging icon) on my Samsung Captivate.  This started happening June 1st of this year and I'm pretty sure I've been getting overcharged on my text messaging ever since.

I do not have a data plan, my WiFi is disabled when this occurs.  I am on the 20 cent per text/10 cent per minute call plan. 

I often thought that there was a conspiracy of sorts on the Go Phone service, as I get a lot of calls from all over the country that when I pick up nobody's there. And if I let it go to voicemail the message that's left is a quick hangup. LIke AT&T wants to spend our money for us...truly nickle and diming us to death...

Would any AT&T employees like to comment?

Thx!

No, auto refill is not something I've enabled.  This actually happens anytime I touch the 'messaging' icon (not sending or receiving a message, mind you-simply touching the messaging icon) on my Samsung Captivate.  This started happening June 1st of this year and I'm pretty sure I've been getting overcharged on my text messaging ever since.

I do not have a data plan, my WiFi is disabled when this occurs.  I am on the 20 cent per text/10 cent per minute call plan. 

I often thought that there was a conspiracy of sorts on the Go Phone service, as I get a lot of calls from all over the country that when I pick up nobody's there. And if I let it go to voicemail the message that's left is a quick hangup. LIke AT&T wants to spend our money for us...truly nickle and diming us to death...

Would any AT&T employees like to comment?

Thx!

3 of 9 (1,623 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 2:31:21 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi TracyinAZ,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Hi TracyinAZ,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

4 of 9 (1,591 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 9:56:43 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by defranchito on Oct 2, 2013 at 10:17:55 AM

Dear ATT, would you please post the solution publicly, so that we can all see it?

I have this problem too. My phone was just sitting on the desk, and it lighted up saying the same message from the exact same number as the original poster. I was not making a text or on the phone when this occurred. There was no actual text message from 781-088-58, just the notification of the charge.

First, is there some type of setting or app that needs to be turned off?

Then, I'll follow up later about getting our account re-credited.

This is a go phone for the nonprofit I work for. We don't use apps, web, or email for the phone. Only talk and text.

Thanks, Dianne

Dear ATT, would you please post the solution publicly, so that we can all see it?

I have this problem too. My phone was just sitting on the desk, and it lighted up saying the same message from the exact same number as the original poster. I was not making a text or on the phone when this occurred. There was no actual text message from 781-088-58, just the notification of the charge.

First, is there some type of setting or app that needs to be turned off?

Then, I'll follow up later about getting our account re-credited.

This is a go phone for the nonprofit I work for. We don't use apps, web, or email for the phone. Only talk and text.

Thanks, Dianne

[ Edited ]
5 of 9 (1,194 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 27, 2013 9:04:59 PM
(0)
Contributor

I'm having the same annoying problem.  Any time I send or receive a text or make or receive a call I get a text from AT&T saying "The last transaction cost $0.XX blah blah blah....."

If anybody at AT&T is reading this, can you post a solution on how to stop these messages?

Thank you.

I'm having the same annoying problem.  Any time I send or receive a text or make or receive a call I get a text from AT&T saying "The last transaction cost $0.XX blah blah blah....."

If anybody at AT&T is reading this, can you post a solution on how to stop these messages?

Thank you.

6 of 9 (809 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 29, 2013 8:05:18 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Those notifications are designed to keep users informed and aware of their usage charges and can not be turned off. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Those notifications are designed to keep users informed and aware of their usage charges and can not be turned off. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 9 (776 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 5, 2013 3:23:14 PM
(0)
Contributor

I got a post stating I was charged $.25 for my last transaction. I am using a GOPHONE, it is pre-paid. I have 480 min. remaining this mo. , unlimited texting...? Why a charge?

I got a post stating I was charged $.25 for my last transaction. I am using a GOPHONE, it is pre-paid. I have 480 min. remaining this mo. , unlimited texting...? Why a charge?

Re: GoPhone Mystery charges

8 of 9 (638 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 6, 2013 1:26:01 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Have you sent any texts to international numbers? It could be that, international texts are $.25 each. I could also be a charge for pay per use data.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Have you sent any texts to international numbers? It could be that, international texts are $.25 each. I could also be a charge for pay per use data.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: GoPhone Mystery charges

9 of 9 (614 Views)