Helpful Links

Gigapower upgrade now has very slow upload and download speeds

Contributor

Gigapower upgrade now has very slow upload and download speeds

I was upgraded to gigapower today and had download speeds over 300 mbps when the technician left.  Now the speeds are less than 14 mbps.  What gives?  I am using AT&T's speed test page to test the speeds.

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 3
Employee

Re: Gigapower upgrade now has very slow upload and download speeds

Hi @rettinger 

I'm sorry to hear that your U-verse GigaPower service has slowed down but, I'll be glad to help you with this. Are you noticing these speeds on a wired or wireless connection? If wireless, I would highly recommend taking a quick look at this thread (courtesy of SomeJoe7777) to help minimize wireless interference and learn how to get the most out of your Wi-Fi.

Also, are you seeing these slow speeds on one device or multiple devices like your laptop/desktop computer, AppleTV/Roku, smartphone/tablet, etc?

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Gigapower upgrade now has very slow upload and download speeds

This seems to be time of day / demand dependent:  in the evening, I usually see around 14Mbps down / 150-300Mbps up as reported on att.com/speedtest.

During the day, it's routinely 300Mbps down / 300Mbps up.

I think they're just a little short on capacity in the evening when folks are hammering the downstream side of the network...

Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support