Gigapower - Upload Speed Problem

Observer

Gigapower - Upload Speed Problem

Hi, I got Gigapower installed yesterday in Cedar Park.  The Verizon speed test tells me I get about 320Mbit down with only about 60-90Mbit up.  This is wired into the modem directly into a laptop ethernet port. 

I've tried 2 different laptops and a couple different cables.

I called my installer, and he said that it sounds like that's just how it is if I tried all that.  Has anyone else had this type of problem with Gigapower?  I'm not overly concerned about achieving a full 300 up, but I am concerned that this lack of upload speed may be a bad indicator of things to come when they increase the speed.

If there's any settings I should try on the NVG589, I'd be glad to try.

Message 1 of 6 (1,675 Views)
Observer

Re: Gigapower - Upload Speed Problem

Just to add, I tried both Cat 5e and Cat 6 cables.

Message 2 of 6 (1,673 Views)
Observer

I just tried plugging directly into the outside jack that I learned about after calling the installer.  Sure enough, the upload speed is low out there too.  

I phoned AT&T to see if they can send someone out.  I guess this one isn't a config issue or a house wiring issue at least.

Message 3 of 6 (1,658 Views)
Observer

They had someone out within 2 hours.  He swapped the modem, and all is well.  320 down, 318 up.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6 (1,648 Views)

Man I hope this comes to Michigan soon

Message 5 of 6 (1,335 Views)
Employee

" Man I hope this comes to Michigan soon"

http://www.telecompetitor.com/att-gigapower-high-speed-broadband-expanded-austin/
http://www.telecompetitor.com/att-ftth-will-expand-to-additional-markets/

Appears initial roll out is for those already on FTTP connections, in favorable markets....currently restricted to Texas locations Austin and Dallas but would expect more in future....when, where is question.

" Stephenson said AT&T also will deploy FTTH in markets where it can get the same terms and conditions it received in Austin, Tex" .... " AT&T initially deployed FTTH in Austin as a competitive to response to Google Fiber, which had negotiated terms and conditions with the city aimed at minimizing the cost of a high-speed FTTH network deployment. AT&T requested the same terms and conditions from the city that Google had negotiated."

Currently Fiber and GPON ONTs installed by CIM with SD&A Uverse techs handling inside work.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6 (1,330 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.