Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 2, 2013
7:19:47 AM
View profile
Gift cards promised but never recieved

When we were sold the ATT Uverse service part of the reason we agreed to switch was we were promised $250 in Visa gift cards.(one for switching and one for being loyal AT&T cell phone customers for 10 years) Once we were signed up with the new service we waited about 6 weeks but no gift cards. So we called and were told by several different customer service reps that since we got such a good deal on our service that our gift cards had been cancelled. I am so disappointed with the bait and switch tactics used by AT&T that I am considering cancelling the service and contacting the better business bureau to file a complaint. My husband has made several calls and spent hours on the phone with AT&T and has finally given up. I would not recommend Uverse to anyone due to the way we've been treated. I will know better in the future to get something in writing before switching my service. I am afraid to see what happens to the "not loyal" AT&T customers!!

When we were sold the ATT Uverse service part of the reason we agreed to switch was we were promised $250 in Visa gift cards.(one for switching and one for being loyal AT&T cell phone customers for 10 years) Once we were signed up with the new service we waited about 6 weeks but no gift cards. So we called and were told by several different customer service reps that since we got such a good deal on our service that our gift cards had been cancelled. I am so disappointed with the bait and switch tactics used by AT&T that I am considering cancelling the service and contacting the better business bureau to file a complaint. My husband has made several calls and spent hours on the phone with AT&T and has finally given up. I would not recommend Uverse to anyone due to the way we've been treated. I will know better in the future to get something in writing before switching my service. I am afraid to see what happens to the "not loyal" AT&T customers!!

Gift cards promised but never recieved

9 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 8:11:48 AM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Sorry you had problems with your reward cards, ATT doesn't send the cards they send a letter with info on how to get your reward cards. Did you check this site Reward Center?

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

Sorry you had problems with your reward cards, ATT doesn't send the cards they send a letter with info on how to get your reward cards. Did you check this site Reward Center?

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM between the hours of 7am-10pm CST.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Gift cards promised but never recieved

2 of 10 (732 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 8:59:32 AM
(0)
Contributor

No letter was recieved from AT&T and when we called we were told the gift cards had been "cancelled" because we got such a good deal on our monthly service. We were promised the monthly rate and the gift cards to switch to ATT Uverse. Once we switched they decided they didn't need to give us the gift cards after all apparently.

No letter was recieved from AT&T and when we called we were told the gift cards had been "cancelled" because we got such a good deal on our monthly service. We were promised the monthly rate and the gift cards to switch to ATT Uverse. Once we switched they decided they didn't need to give us the gift cards after all apparently.

3 of 10 (725 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 9:45:07 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

I would still try checking the rewards center to make sure the CSR didn't misquote you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

I would still try checking the rewards center to make sure the CSR didn't misquote you.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 10 (712 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 11:46:19 AM
(0)
Contributor

Nope, tried that.Here is what we get.

"Reward is disqualified". We have called the number on the rewards center and they tell us the cards were cancelled because we got such a good monthly rate.

Nope, tried that.Here is what we get.

"Reward is disqualified". We have called the number on the rewards center and they tell us the cards were cancelled because we got such a good monthly rate.

5 of 10 (702 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 2, 2013 12:30:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Okay than I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Explain to them what's going on and let them investigate and report back.  If you get the same answer from them you know your outta luck.

Okay than I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

Explain to them what's going on and let them investigate and report back.  If you get the same answer from them you know your outta luck.

6 of 10 (696 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 19, 2013 7:02:44 PM
(0)
Contributor

I had high speed internet and was paying $48/month - I called AT&T looking for a more inexpensive route and was told, hey if you sign up with Direct TV and ATT your bill will only be about $50/month AND you will receive a gift card for $250!!!  I signed up in September - it is now nearly the end of December and I have not received a gift card.  I was directed to the Rewards site and there is nothing on there.  Previiously I have spoken to someone at the Rewards department and they confirmed I was scheduled to get a reward card after 30 days....so what gives???  I fear I am just another stooge who got ripped off for trusting AT&T.  When my contract is up I will never use them or DirecTV again and I intend to warn everyone I know about this bait and switch comeon.

I had high speed internet and was paying $48/month - I called AT&T looking for a more inexpensive route and was told, hey if you sign up with Direct TV and ATT your bill will only be about $50/month AND you will receive a gift card for $250!!!  I signed up in September - it is now nearly the end of December and I have not received a gift card.  I was directed to the Rewards site and there is nothing on there.  Previiously I have spoken to someone at the Rewards department and they confirmed I was scheduled to get a reward card after 30 days....so what gives???  I fear I am just another stooge who got ripped off for trusting AT&T.  When my contract is up I will never use them or DirecTV again and I intend to warn everyone I know about this bait and switch comeon.

7 of 10 (461 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 20, 2013 6:59:58 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello geraldine1048, welcome to the forum.

Rewards can take up to 8 weeks to process after your first 30 days, in some cases. Out team can check on the status for you and let you know what's going on. Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello geraldine1048, welcome to the forum.

Rewards can take up to 8 weeks to process after your first 30 days, in some cases. Out team can check on the status for you and let you know what's going on. Please send us a private message by clicking here with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 10 (447 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 5:41:29 PM
(0)
Contributor

I feel like this is a Bait and Switch,  AT&T promised me $10 gift for enrolling in AutoPay and another $10 gift card for going paperless.  Months later never received gift cards nor email.  Called and Customer Service had no resolution.  Scam.  Makes me want to leave AT&T.

I feel like this is a Bait and Switch,  AT&T promised me $10 gift for enrolling in AutoPay and another $10 gift card for going paperless.  Months later never received gift cards nor email.  Called and Customer Service had no resolution.  Scam.  Makes me want to leave AT&T.

9 of 10 (211 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 4, 2014 7:31:09 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

Sorry you had problems with your reward cards, ATT doesn't send the cards they send a letter with info on how to get your reward cards.

Did you check this site Reward Center?

Sorry you had problems with your reward cards, ATT doesn't send the cards they send a letter with info on how to get your reward cards.

Did you check this site Reward Center?

10 of 10 (203 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments