Getting u-verse next week; questions about on demand

Contributor

Getting u-verse next week; questions about on demand

Hello, forum.  We're switching from TWC to U-verse next week but am concerned about on demand being a disappointment.  Reading conflicting reports about lack of options.  I've come to depend on SHO & HBO on demand, and some networks, i;e. AMC, FOX.  Maybe the Total Home DVr will make up for it - assuming I can get it together in advance.  Would love some input from users - thanks so much! 

Message 1 of 4 (263 Views)
ACE - Professor

Re: Getting u-verse next week; questions about on demand

It's a bit tricky at first, but rather simple once you get used to it. Put your DVR on whichever TV you watch the least. Realize you may have to record some shows at unfavorable times, such as 2 AM and watch the next day.

You may have to use Hulu.com or FOX.com to watch shows online.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (248 Views)

There are those U-verse subscribers who, for various reasons, don't like on demand in its current form, and they post here about it.  I, for one, am happy with it.  But even if you find on demand lacking in some way, the service I have received from AT&T is exponentially better than it was when I had TWC (before there was a choice).  If my experience is any indicator, I believe you will be happier with U-verse overall.  Of course, there are potential problems with any provider and U-verse is not perfect.  But AT&T has always corrected any issues I have had in a prompt, efficient and customer-friendly way.  FWIW.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein
Message 3 of 4 (242 Views)

Depending on what you are watching on HBO/Sho and Fox, the OnDemand is pretty good for those 3, I don't believe their is an AMC On Demand selection. I don't watch anything on AMC so I haven't personally checked for it.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 4 of 4 (235 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.