Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 16, 2013
12:29:59 PM
View profile
Getting U-verse Today!

Anything has to be better than Comcast, including customer service. I'm having outstanding service with my wireless phone so I figured give it a shot. How far has U-verse tv come? I'm getting much more channels than what I was getting with Comcast and paying less. I know internet speed is less, but for me I'm not that hung up on internet speed. It's more about the TV quality for me. I'm saving just over a hundred bucks a month by switching. Something I could not pass up.

Anything has to be better than Comcast, including customer service. I'm having outstanding service with my wireless phone so I figured give it a shot. How far has U-verse tv come? I'm getting much more channels than what I was getting with Comcast and paying less. I know internet speed is less, but for me I'm not that hung up on internet speed. It's more about the TV quality for me. I'm saving just over a hundred bucks a month by switching. Something I could not pass up.

Getting U-verse Today!

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 12:54:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Congrats!!  You will enjoy it after you get the feel of it and kick the tires.  There are all kinds of neat apps, ability to use your smart phoone or tablet as a remote and you can also send messages to your TV screen from both while away from home, etc.

AT&T keeps introducing different things all the time so enjoy!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Congrats!!  You will enjoy it after you get the feel of it and kick the tires.  There are all kinds of neat apps, ability to use your smart phoone or tablet as a remote and you can also send messages to your TV screen from both while away from home, etc.

AT&T keeps introducing different things all the time so enjoy!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Getting U-verse Today!

2 of 10 (651 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 1:51:40 PM
(0)
Employee

I made the switch at the begining of the year when it became available in my area. It's like stepping into the future O_O 

I made the switch at the begining of the year when it became available in my area. It's like stepping into the future O_O 

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 10 (634 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 3:43:12 PM
(0)
Guru

Welcome to U-verse!  While there will be a learning curve, I have enjoyed TV, U-Voice and Internet, along with overall great customer service.  Eventually, your promotional rates will end, but all the providers do the same thing.  Let us know how your install goes, and how you like your new services.

docbombay

"Everything should be made as simple as possible--but not simpler."
--Albert Einstein

Welcome to U-verse!  While there will be a learning curve, I have enjoyed TV, U-Voice and Internet, along with overall great customer service.  Eventually, your promotional rates will end, but all the providers do the same thing.  Let us know how your install goes, and how you like your new services.

docbombay

4 of 10 (616 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 16, 2013 4:55:27 PM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by joly37 on Aug 16, 2013 at 4:56:22 PM

Install went great! About an hour only for 4 tvs and Internet. Everyone is right about the learning curve on the tv but it's way better so far. Internet not much of a difference so I am happy so far.

Install went great! About an hour only for 4 tvs and Internet. Everyone is right about the learning curve on the tv but it's way better so far. Internet not much of a difference so I am happy so far.

[ Edited ]
5 of 10 (590 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 17, 2013 7:14:48 PM
(0)
Employee

Good to hear you recently became part of the at&t family. Just keep in mind to always check your att account by logging in to att.com.... I hope you dont have any unexpected fees on the first bill, check your email address for the email with the first bill estimate and all the info on your services.... also keep in mind that the great introductory prices you were given will end at some point and well thats something that is just a one time for a new account so there is no way to renew them.... In case you were given hbo/cinemax keep in mind that the promo is valid for 3 months only and after that it is a $26 increase.... so I would just recomend to call cust service and ask the rep to tell you what promos you got, what one time fees got waived for you, and what is your monthly rate before tax.... this is just for you to be sure you are getting what was promised to you.... 

*Just my thoughts*

BTW, if you were promised any rewards just check this website: rewardcenter.att.com    right there you will be able to see all rewards you will be getting.... you also need to redeem them at that website

*Hint - there is a $10 reward card for going on paperless billing

Good to hear you recently became part of the at&t family. Just keep in mind to always check your att account by logging in to att.com.... I hope you dont have any unexpected fees on the first bill, check your email address for the email with the first bill estimate and all the info on your services.... also keep in mind that the great introductory prices you were given will end at some point and well thats something that is just a one time for a new account so there is no way to renew them.... In case you were given hbo/cinemax keep in mind that the promo is valid for 3 months only and after that it is a $26 increase.... so I would just recomend to call cust service and ask the rep to tell you what promos you got, what one time fees got waived for you, and what is your monthly rate before tax.... this is just for you to be sure you are getting what was promised to you.... 

*Just my thoughts*

BTW, if you were promised any rewards just check this website: rewardcenter.att.com    right there you will be able to see all rewards you will be getting.... you also need to redeem them at that website

*Hint - there is a $10 reward card for going on paperless billing

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 10 (528 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 19, 2013 10:23:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

joly37 wrote:

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

I cut the Comcast cable in late 2008 and have not missed them.  No one provider is perfect but UV is a good fit for my family.

joly37 wrote:

Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

I cut the Comcast cable in late 2008 and have not missed them.  No one provider is perfect but UV is a good fit for my family.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (466 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 7:24:02 AM
(0)
Visitor

Hope it works out for you, as for me, sometime in the near future I will discontinue service with AT & T U Verse.  The cost is just too high.  When I switched over from my old service I was told I would save money each month.  It just has not happened.  Dropping down to a lower level service is also not a option as the selection would be so limited.  Fortunately the whole house is wired so getting another carrier will not be a big deal.  On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate AT & T a 7 (price, quality, selection).  For what I am paying each month 7 out of 10 just does not cut it.  Too bad really, since I have been fighting cancer the past 3 years television is one of my best distractions but I guess I can always read a book.

Hope it works out for you, as for me, sometime in the near future I will discontinue service with AT & T U Verse.  The cost is just too high.  When I switched over from my old service I was told I would save money each month.  It just has not happened.  Dropping down to a lower level service is also not a option as the selection would be so limited.  Fortunately the whole house is wired so getting another carrier will not be a big deal.  On a scale of 1 to 10 I would rate AT & T a 7 (price, quality, selection).  For what I am paying each month 7 out of 10 just does not cut it.  Too bad really, since I have been fighting cancer the past 3 years television is one of my best distractions but I guess I can always read a book.

8 of 10 (427 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 21, 2013 7:36:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

BhodgeJr wrote:

Good luck with both your health and your search for a good TV provider.  You can call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel my service."  You will be transfered to retentions.  Tell them that provider x has a better deal - they usually help with additional promotions to keep you happy.

BhodgeJr wrote:

Good luck with both your health and your search for a good TV provider.  You can call 1-800-288-2020 and say "Cancel my service."  You will be transfered to retentions.  Tell them that provider x has a better deal - they usually help with additional promotions to keep you happy.

9 of 10 (425 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 22, 2013 8:41:04 PM
(0)
Master

dhascall wrote:

BhodgeJr wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

dhascall wrote:

BhodgeJr wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

10 of 10 (391 Views)