Get rid of Screen Pack and add a Netflix app/channel

Get rid of Screen Pack and add a Netflix app/channel

I know you guys are money hungry , but Screen Pack sucks. Let people( U300 or higher) add their Neflix account to their STB and watch. Everybody wins.

At&t wins because they get people to move to a higher tier

Netflix wins because there are more eyes on their service

Consumers win because more things to watch and is much more simpler than have a Att STB and a Roku(or whatever)

Message 1 of 7 (4,011 Views)
Expert

Re: Get rid of Screen Pack and add a Netflix app/channel

[ Edited ]

drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

I know you guys are money hungry , but Screen Pack sucks. Let people( U300 or higher) add their Neflix account to their STB and watch. Everybody wins.

Consumers win because more things to watch and is much more simpler than have a Att STB and a Roku(or whatever)

Why would people who want to watch a lot of Neflix as opposed to traditional TV pay extra to upgrade their TV service in order to watch Netflix on their TV provider's receiver?  I'm not following the logic.

Message 2 of 7 (3,996 Views)
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

texasguy37 wrote:

drjekel_mrhyde wrote:

Why would people who what to watch a lot of Neflix as opposed to traditional TV pay extra to upgrade their TV service in order to watch Netflix on their TV provider's receiver?  I'm not following the logic.

I follow his logic, at least part way. I actually see where he is coming from but we all know that it will never happen.  I do not use Netflix but since I am a U300 subscriber I would be more apt to pay Netflix 8 a month or whatever it is if I knew that I could just use my U-Verse remote to browse Netflix.  NOW since I follow his logic about access, let me question his logic why he would ask for such a thing (lol).  AT&T has their own VOD agenda.  Why on earth would they want to mess with that?   Netflix charges $8 a month for unlimited butr U-Verse VOD is like $5 per mobvie.  Why mess up that profit / revenue stream?

Screen Pack is baaaaad.  There is no comparison between it and Netflix.  If AT&T paid me $5 a month and i had to watch 10 movies, I would not accept. Seriously.  Smiley Happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 7 (3,930 Views)
ACE - Expert

dhascall - You answered your own question - Why was it suggested - Just another way of complaining about screen pack & looking for an alternative.

Here is one of my methods - It does not pass the Dave Thomas test - for a deal to be good, first the product must be good.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7 (3,903 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Sorry I like scrren pack. There is no need to replace it.

Message 5 of 7 (3,771 Views)
Scholar

Speaking of Netflix.  Did uverse open up the Netflix super HD.  The reason I asked that when I went to watch a movie on netflix last night I had a new option that says super HD.  I choose that option to watch my movie and the picture was 10 times better that the Netflix picture before.  I hope they keep this option open.

Message 6 of 7 (3,703 Views)
Highlighted
Expert

db821arc wrote:

Speaking of Netflix.  Did uverse open up the Netflix super HD.  The reason I asked that when I went to watch a movie on netflix last night I had a new option that says super HD.  I choose that option to watch my movie and the picture was 10 times better that the Netflix picture before.  I hope they keep this option open.

See the article below:

http://blog.netflix.com/2013/09/highest-quality-hd-now-available-to-all.html

Message 7 of 7 (3,663 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.